7 Tips For Feeling Healthier And More Energized Every Day

4. Don't start your day with your phone

402

This past year I really didn't work on myself. I was so busy I forgot to take time to help make myself feel good and energized. I was very sluggish and always wanted to lay around. After school let out I told myself I would find little habits to include in to my everyday life that I can work on year round.

Here are 6 tips I have found extremely helpful in my journey to take better care of me!

1. Eat a good breakfast

​This has been drilled into my head many many times over the years by my parents and my doctors. I thought I was the perfect child for always eating breakfast, but the problem was that I wasn't eating a GOOD breakfast. Two bowls of Reese Puffs or Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal was most definitely not a "good" breakfast.

Now, I go for some fruit or yogurt or even the occasionally smoothie (which are amazing by the way). I feel so much better about myself when I eat something good right when I wake up.

2. Water Water Water

Always always always have a bottle of water on you. Not drinking enough water in the day can make you feel sluggish and lead to skin issues as well. Drinking water makes you feel so much better and ready to take on every day!

3. Vitamin D

Going outside for at least ten minutes every day is a sure way to make you feel energized. Soaking in the Vitamin D is a great for you and it is summertime after all so who wants to be indoors all day? Take your dog for a walk, ride your bike, or even just lounge on your porch or your backyard.

4. Don't start your day with your phone

I know most people sleep with their phones right next to their beds. The temptation to look at your phone as soon as you wake up is strong, but resist. Waking up without that distraction is so much better and doesn't make you want to lay in bed all day and scroll through social media. Get up right away and start your day! And try not to be attached to your phone all day either. Go out and do something exciting!

5. Hot drinks in the morning

Hot lemon water or hot mint tea or hot green tea can really help your immune system and make you feel refreshed every morning!

6. Go make up free!

You don't need to wear a face full of make up every day all day. Let your skin breathe! Your skin gets a chance to recover and it is so so good for your skin.

7. Work out

You don't necessarily need to do a hard core workout every day, but doing something active every day can really help your body feel good and energized every day. Whether you go to the gym, go for a run or walk, hike, or ride your bike, getting out and doing something is so important to feeling and being healthier.