7 Time 'The Office' Described Your Online School Classes
Pop Culture

7 Times 'The Office' Described Your Online School Experience Better Than Your Academic Advisors

What advisors won't tell you but "The Office" will.

74

Watching the infamous show, "The Office," has made me realize that this show relates to every aspect of my life; relationships, social life, work and so much more. Specifically "The Office" reminded me of how I feel when it comes to online school.

There is so much work.

I wish someone would have told me that with online school, comes so much work. Yes, I can do it from the comfort of my own bed but that means lectures, exams, homework and studying all at once with less time to get it done.

Unhelpful professors can be the WORST.

Not every professor you get is hard to get ahold of but I have had some that are teaching abroad in China and the only way to ask them questions is through email they check once a week. When exam day comes, best of luck.

Doing work when you want is good and bad.

I tell this to everyone who asks me about online school. The greatest part about online school is that you can do it when you want. That is also the most dangerous part. Who actually wants to do homework?

Technology sucks and everyone knows it.

At this point, everyone is aware that technology will stop working when you need it most. The fear of a computer crashing during finals is something I hope nobody has to endure.

Nobody likes weekly discussions, nobody.

Every college student knows what online discussion board assignments entail, specifically replying to a discussion point from another student. Every single reply to a discussion consists of, "Hi, _____! Overall I think your discussion was GREAT!" And that sums it up.

You can say what you want without repercussions.

Another point about discussions, all of this is behind a screen. You can openly say what you want in discussions and replies and really nothing will come of it. So no, you don't need to be liked.

Accomplishments will come in time.

Online school is hard but what school isn't hard? When you finish you can proudly say you NAILED IT!