7 Times College Will Be Just Like Neverland

No, that time the pirate ship flew threw the sky is not one of them

17

It's time to come away to a seemingly magical place, full of new adventures. Here, you're bound to meet a variety of new people from all different lifestyles. Welcome to the land where time seems to move differently and you can't imagine anyone growing older. Your parents may miss you, but you know in your heart that college is where you belong.

1. Sleep isn't mandatory.

Whether it be finals, midterms, a big project, or just having a good time with friends, skipping out on sleep is a college tradition. Embrace it; it’s what keeps your campus Starbucks in business.

2. Sometimes, you just had to be there.

College is filled with interesting people. There’s always someone with an outrageous story to tell. Peter cut off a pirate's hand. The girl down the hall calmed a floor riot when the RA skipped town. You even hear rumors that your professor will bake bread for his favorite classes. Usually, you’ll think they’re lying until you see it for yourself.

3. You don't want to grow up and leave.

It won’t always be pirate-chasing and fairy dust. Sometimes it can feel like everyone around you is racing towards their diploma so they can get out into the “real world,” while you’re content with enjoying every crazy minute college has to offer. In times like this, I would advise you to not take the traditional Peter Pan’s advice and murder them so you can find new friends. They’ll come around eventually.

4. It's the start of an amazing adventure.

College is talked up to be the real start of your life, the first time you’ll be out on your own and able to make your own decisions. It’s your first big adventure among many, the start of something completely unimaginable.

5. You don't have to go there to know it would be awesome.

Even before you got there, you knew college was the place you wanted to be. It was something magical, wonderful; a place where your dreams would come true. Something drew you to your campus, whether it was the amazing brochure, a rocking tour guide, or just the beauty of campus.

6. What you'll eat will surprise you.

It doesn’t take long for that awesome cafeteria food to start looking like, well, cafeteria food. Shortly after, your stockpile of snacks your parents got you will start to dwindle. Not too long after that, you start to miss the real food you got back at home. Your only option? Pretend, it works for Peter Pan after all.

7. You'll find a Wendy.

Let’s face it, at some point we all need a Wendy, because in Neverland there’s no such thing as real mothers. We all have one: the over-protective, mother-duck friend who loves stepping in and playing mother when we need it.