7 Thoughts Students Think Before Moving In

There are many things going through a student’s head before they move back in for spring semester. Good thoughts, bad thoughts, or maybe no thoughts. Here is a list of 7 thoughts students have before moving back in!

1. “I cannot wait to move back into the dorms/apartment” There is just something about living away from home that college students absolutely love… INDEPENDENCE!
  2. “My family is absolutely nuts! Get me out of here” and “I’m going to miss my family”When you are at home visiting over break for long periods of time you tend to get cabin fever and everyone in your family tends to get on your nerves. Even though they are constantly on your nerves you are going to miss their craziness even more!
  3. “Yay! Classes are starting soon!”This can be in an excited tone or a very veRY VERY sarcastic tone. The only good thing about classes starting again is that you have a routine again and you are one semester closer to graduation!
  4. “Can I bring my Dog and/or cat with me?”Just thinking about those sad eyes looking at you when you are walking out the door to go back to school can make anyone cry. You just want to bring them with you and hope no one notices your bag moving around when you walk through your dorm door or when there are quiet “barks” and “meows” at night when everyone is asleep.
  5. “Do I really want to do this thing again?”The old debate in your mind whether it is worth going back to school or not, do you really want to go through another semester of classes, homework and tests? Is it all worth it? For some people yes it is, or others it may not be the right choice. Make sure you think this one through long and hard before you say no though.
  6. “Do I really have to eat dining hall food again?”If you have a meal plan and no kitchen, then yes, back to the dining hall you go. However, most dining halls are not that bad and provide healthy food (and not so healthy food if that’s what you prefer)! You actually might start craving dining hall food after not having it for so long… maybe, just maybe…
  7. “I can’t wait to see my friends again!”Yes, it has been a whole month since you have seen your friends and roommate. You have so much to tell them about what you did and all of your family (or friend) gossip! Maybe you have a game that you want to show them or something else! You just want to see their faces just to make sure that they are still alive and well!

Many thoughts go through a college student’s mind when they are moving back, “Did I forget this, and did I forget that.” These thoughts go through every college student’s mind maybe once, twice or a million times, trust me, that’s normal.