7 Ways To Become A Morning Person

These are the things I did from high school through college to help keep me motivated early in the morning and power through the day! I've had a hard time keeping up with my morning routine as the pandemic has absolutely drained me, but I think it's important to start up again to make life feel somewhat normal!

1. Practice good sleep habits

Being able to keep a consistent sleep schedule is a great way to ensure you're getting quality sleep.

2. Take your time 

Trying to balance work, school, personal life, etc, can be absolutely exhausting — not to mention stressful. Try to come up with a schedule that allows you to wind down and relax an hour before you're ready to hit the hay.

3. Nap cautiously 

If you didn't get enough sleep one night and think a nap will help reenergize you, then do it, but proceed with caution. Don't take a nap a few hours before you go to bed. Your schedule and body will be messed up and confused and you won't want to sleep at your normal time. Also, don't nap for more than an hour.

4. Practice a healthier diet 

Don't go to bed too full or too hungry — the discomfort caused by either of these feelings can keep you awake. Also, try not to chug a bunch of water before bed. It could cause you to wake up and have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, which disturbs your sleep schedule more than you would think.

5. Prep before bed 

The hour you spend to wind down should be tech-free. You can use that time to get together what you will need in the morning. Shortening your to-do list in a.m. could make it a lot easier for you to roll out of bed.

6. Get comfortable 

Make sure you're in an environment where you feel most comfortable. Temperature, noise, light, and comfort can all impact your ability to sleep well. A cool and quiet room is one of the best ways to stay fall asleep.

7. Set your motive 

Why do you want to start getting up earlier? What drove you to want to become a morning person? Make a list of what you want to achieve each day and that will help motivate you to get started with this routine and get everything done so you have less stress in your life.