7 Things That Make You From Hartsville, SC

There are always a few things that you know makes you from a small town

61
MSECND

When I tell people that I am from Hartsville, South Carolina, I get looked at like I am crazy because usually no one knows it even exists. However, once I say we are about 30 minutes from Florence, it just clicks and then people somewhat understand. Many do not know what or where Hartsville is because we are a small town with the local businesses and absolutely nothing to do if you are under the age of 21. Living in a small town is hard because one everyone knows basically everything about you and two there are not that many hangouts for teenagers. There are a few things that if you know or do, you are from the small town of Hartsville, SC.

1. Sonic is a typical teen hangout. You do not actually order anything, but you show up in your trucks and just stand there talking.

2. The skating rink was SO cool until you hit about 8th grade. You would always beg your parents to drive you out to the middle of BFE on a Friday night just to deal with the 'drama' that someone in middle school could bring to the table.

3. Loitering outside of pool time (an old pool hall) until the cops were called and then you'd scatter.

4. Walking uptown because we thought it was cool....when it really was not.

An actual picture of downtown Hartsville

5. Going to the home football games to not actually watch the game, but to just walk in front of the bleachers, literally going in circles. Or just taking selfies to prove we were there.

6. Going to Ruth's Drive-In to eat some seriously awesome, but greasy food. And also spend hours just sitting at a table because the people who work there are the best.

Actual Picture

7. And then comes the time when you are extremely desperate and drive all of the way to Florence to go the mall and not buying anything.

Basically living in a small town has its benefits, but it can also be seriously boring. However, I would not want to live anywhere else for now.

KEY: BFE= Bum F*** Egypt; middle of nowhere