7 Things to Remember This Holiday Season

Don't forget that you're lucky!

4
Ana Simon

As the holidays begin to roll in, our minds get all fogged up with Christmas wishes to Santa, crackling fires, warm hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows, candy canes, gift ideas, and hopes that we will receive extravagant gifts. Although these are key parts of the holiday season, we must not forget the important non-tangible things that are also wrapped up in the holiday season.

1. Above all don't forget to be thankful:

We all have so many things going on in our lives that distract us from how blessed we really are sometimes. The fact that we are alive and breathing should be enough to be thankful for. Although we all go through our ups and downs, we should cherish the opportunities we are given and, both, the small and large blessings we receive each and every day. During this holiday season, remember to stop and think from time to time of all the amazing things you have been given both tangible and not tangible and be thankful for them.

2. Laugh:

Laughter is the best cure for everything. Share a good laugh this season and spread the joy. Nothing beats that moment when you're laughing so hard that your eyes begin to water and you begin to only exhale air; you are dying on the inside but the only noise you are able to make is the noise coming from your hand hitting your thigh. Share the stories that you can't finish without laughing at yourself or that make people begin laughing right after they just stopped.

3. Smile:

Even though smiling may seem irrelevant, it is not. By sharing a smile with someone, you can change their whole day and attitude. You never know what someone is going through, and by sharing your smile you may easily just spread some positivity to that stranger or friend. Smiling in general, also, shows that you are enjoying yourself and your company. People enjoy to see that others are happy.

4. Indulge in the little moments.:

The holidays will always be a part of the year that bring life long memories. Enjoy every moment you are a part of, and create memories you never wish to forget.

5. Appreciate the time that you spend with your family.:

Your family will always be there for you no matter what. Although sometimes we get mad or annoyed with them, we still love them above everything else (friends included of course).

6. Show appreciation:

Be appreciative of everything that is given or shared with you this season. From the ugly clothes you receive from your grandma, to the warm hug you get from that friend you haven't seen in months, appreciate every small detail.

7. Be appreciative:

So much time and effort goes into making the holiday season magnificent, so whenever you can say thank you and compliment people for their hard work and dedication.