Seven Things Only Cat Lovers Understand

Seven Things Only Cat Lovers Understand

For those (not-so-crazy) cat ladies.

65
Seven Things Only Cat Lovers Understand

As Valentine's Day ends, we can all stop stressing and go back to being shameless not-so-lonely cat lovers. Cats, in my opinion, are some of the best pets to have around. They keep to themselves and are great to snuggle (only on their terms, though). Here's a list of things that only cat lovers understand, even if you're cat doesn't join you at college.

1. Fur...everywhere.

Like a dog, cats also tend to shed...a lot. No matter how many times you wash your clothes or hands, cat fur still seems to end up everywhere. Even once you return to school, cat hair still seems to be coming out of your clothes. However, it can be seen as a blessing if you have a very fluffy cat.

2. Cat lady stigma.

It's unfortunate that I can't talk about my cat without sounding like a crazy cat lady. In fact, no one can talk about their cat without sounding crazy. It's a little unconventional for your cat to be your number-one best friend but if a dog can be man's best friend, cats (and diamonds) can be a girl's best friend. No judgment there.

3. Having no idea what kind of cat you have.

Unlike dogs, cats oftentimes don't have a very distinct look. A lot of cats end up looking alike and no one really knows cat breeds. So, when you say you have a cat, you don't describe what kind of cat it is. Most of the time, you end up just using the colors of her fur. Regardless, she's super cute anyway.

4. Dog people are always arguing with you.

It's no secret that most people prefer dogs over cats and most of those people think they're right. They assume your cat is mean, evil, and shows no compassion. You may even be heavily criticized for having a cat. However, you know that even if you're cat is evil, she still loves you regardless and no one will understand the bond you two share.

5. You can't walk your cat.

Well you can...it's just a little different. One of the downsides of only having a cat is you can't take them for long relaxing walks. Cats aren't meant for that sort of activity and you don't want to be that person that walks their cat.

6. Laser pointers are the best thing ever.

7. You understand why cats are the superior pet.

Even though your cat can't fetch and you can't take her for walks, you know she's the best companion. She's tiny, loving, and a lot less destructive than a puppy. At the end of the day, you wouldn't trade your cat or your cat lady tendencies for the world.