7 Things I love About the Beach

7 Things I love About the Beach

loving the ocean.
67

Everyone likes the beach, but there are a few things I absolutely love and adore about the beach.

1. 1.)The sand. To most people sand might not be as important. However, to me it means a lot. I love being able to squish my toes in the sand, draw things in the sand, and be able to relax on top of it. It is the perfect way to destress and relax. If you think about it, sand is used by many people at home when they become stressed. They usually have a tiny box of sand with a tiny rake. People can scrape the sand and it is used as a calming technique.
  2. 2.)The waves. For me the waves are a beautiful interpretation of life. I love sitting down and watching or feeling the waves come rushing in. Just before a storm, when the waves get thick and strong, this is where I find them the most amusing. It reminds me that we all will have struggles and storms in life but after they fade away, we are left with peace. I love the colors that waves have and the way it changes the sand texture.
  3. 3.)Swimming. This is a simple and expected enjoyment to get when one goes to the beach. I absolutely love swimming in general, but at the beach, I feel free. There are no walls holding me in, and it actually allows more of a challenging swim routine.
  4. 4.)Relaxing. Many people travel to the beach to just relax and never even go near the water. Personally, I like getting all I can out of the beach. However, I do like the just sit down and relax aspect that these people have. We are always so busy in life often times, we forget to take a minute and just relax. The beach is the perfect place for this. The soft yet swift breeze from the ocean is so calming and relaxing. It is easy to just read a book or just sit and relax.
  5. 5.)The activities. Now if you’re like me, and you like to get the most out of your journey to the beach, then you love participating in activities. These include throwing a frisbee or playing volleyball, etc. These games are so much fun and when you get too warm or worked up, there’s an ocean right beside you to cool you down.
  6. 6.)The sun. We as humans actually require a certain amount of sunlight to remain healthy and happy. Natural sunlight provides vitamin D, this helps us stay healthy and happy. It has actually been proven that getting a good amount of sunlight daily improves one’s mood.
  7. 7.)Getting away. So last but not least, when you go to the beach, you are getting out of your normal routines. Most people visit the beach for vacation. The beach is the perfect getaway. It can improve your mood, relax you, and destress you from your everyday stressors.

With all this beach talk, I’m going to have to set up a visit to one so I can experience all these things I just listed. Hopefully you’ll take a vacation to the beach and experience these things as well.