7 Things I Learned From 'Gossip Girl'

7 Things I Learned From 'Gossip Girl'

A Guy's perspective.

33
7 Things I Learned From 'Gossip Girl'
WikiMedia

Living in the Manhattan, wearing good clothes, having a driver, living in high-rises, and spending vacations in the Hamptons — this show is the definition of bougie. More than the bougie lifestyle though, this show taught some really important life lessons.

1. The first thing you should think when someone comes to your house claiming that she gave birth to your child is not, "Should I get a paternity test?" It's, "Oh, I guess I am taking care of this child."

2. The only qualification of being a Dad that you need to meet is not being a good role model or disciplining your kids — it is making waffles.

3. Even if your mom and his dad get married and move in together, it is still OK to date each other as long as you both don't think there is anything inherently incestuous about the whole thing. Even if you share a half-brother, it is still OK.

4. Even if you are a failure and drop out of school and don't have a future, rest assured, your grandfather will just buy you a magazine company.

5. You can spend all day, every day getting drunk with friends, shopping and maxing out your credit cards, and engage in nonstop debauchery, but don't worry — you will get into an Ivy League school.

6. At the age of 16, it logically makes sense to drop out of school and start your own fashion line because, at this tender age, you have all the entrepreneurial skills you will ever need. Who needs a full high school or college education anyway?

7. Even if you sexually assaulted a young girl on the first episode of the entire show, it's OK— everyone is going to forget about it and girls are going to still swoon over you years after the show ends.