7 Things To Do On Your Lazy Summer Days

7 Things To Do On Your Lazy Summer Days

Don't let your summer go to waste, there are still ways to enjoy your time off.

974
7 Things To Do On Your Lazy Summer Days

Everyone wants to make the most of their summer without letting one day go to waste. Here is a list of things that you can do during summer on a day when you have nothing else planned:

1. Start a new hobby.

Whether it's running, sewing, or drawing, starting a new hobby can be exciting. It's always refreshing to start something new that puts you in a good mood.

2. Read a good book.

Throughout the school year, I'm always wanting to read books for fun. A lazy day in the summer is a great time to get invested in that book you have been meaning to read. Although reading is usually affiliated with schoolwork, reading something you enjoy can be very therapeutic.

3. Start a new show on Netflix.

This can be risky, but starting a new series on Netflix is a great way to spend a summer day, especially when it isn't too nice outside. Even though this seems unproductive, it would be better to start the show now rather than during the school year. Give yourself a break and start a show. Whether you get addicted or not (you probably will) it will be relaxing and enjoyable.

4. Spend time with your family.

Being away from family during the school year is tough, so take advantage of the time you have with them over the summer. Plan to take days to spend with just each other. Whether you want to go for a hike, or just go see a movie, the time will be very well spent.

5. Get organized.

Coming home from college for the summer was so difficult because of all the things I seemed to accumulate while in Pullman. Clearing out all of my clutter at home made it easier to put my new things away. Taking a day to gut your closet or room can be very beneficial and make you feel so much better.

6. Pinterest something.

You pin so many crafts, but when do you actually have the time to do them? Crafting is super fun, and decorating your house is great place to start. You could even start to make things for your room at school. Getting with a group of friends to craft is even better!

7. Just RELAX.

Of course there are endless things you could do on the days that aren't already occupied on your summer calendar, but pencil in some relaxation. Summer is about getting a break from school and all of the stress that comes with it, so take advantage of it. Don't feel guilty for taking a day to do absolutely nothing, because you most likely won't get the chance to do that once school starts back up again.