7 Things I Need To Thank My Mom For – Cause I Can Never Say It Enough

I love you, Mom. I am forever thankful for all you do.

11
Paula Ames

My mom has done so many things for me over the span of my life, and I will forever be thankful for those moments that she has stuck around when I felt most alone. She is still keeping me on my toes and looking after me, even though I'm already half-way through college and in my twenties. I'm positive that she will still stand by me for many years in the future and continue to help me through whatever I am going through. I know at times it's hard for me to say thank you, but this is for you Mom. Happy Mother's Day.

Continuously pushing me to be my best.

I know every parent wants their child to do well in whatever they do, but you have always pushed me to do better than just okay. You don't just want me to succeed, you want me to over succeed because you know I am capable of it if I put my mind to it. I wouldn't have been student body president, I wouldn't have been on my dance team, I wouldn't have graduated the top of my class, I wouldn't be getting the grades here at UK that I do if you weren't pushing me to be my best. Thank you.

Visiting me at college when I have bad days.

Remember the start of 2019? I needed you. Without hesitation, you drove to UK almost every single weekend, which is a 4.5-hour drive round trip. I remember telling my friends you were coming to visit me and every time I did, the shock on their faces showed as you had just visited the week before. I specifically remember the one morning I called you in tears, saying I needed my mom and you showed up a little over 2 hours later. We ate lunch, you drove me around Lexington to do errands, we talked and then you headed home. Sure, we didn't do anything elaborate or necessarily fun, but you knew I needed you, and you showed up like you always do. Thank you.

Always doing the little things.

Making my bed for when I come home on long weekends, never forgetting to send a card whether it be Halloween or Valentine's Day card, or just tagging me in a funny Facebook post. You always remember the little things that make me smile. Going to college away from home can sometimes be lonely, but you always make me feel loved even from hours away. When I come home, you never forget to cook me a homecooked meal without complaint, and moments like that make me miss home and you even more. Thank you.

Supporting me when I feel defeated. 

I don't always get the best outcome that I had hoped for, and that can lead to me feeling defeated. You always are sure to pick me back up again, saying I CAN do it. When participating in several extracurriculars around campus, I get in the mindset that I won't succeed but you always reassure me that it's all in my head and you believe in me. There have been multiple times where I have wanted to give up on different things, but you are there supporting me every step of the way. Thank you.

Sending me encouragement on days I need it the most.

Some days, I don't feel the best about how my speech went in my communication class or how I don't know if I am going to do well on my next exam. But there you are, sending me encouraging words (and lots of emojis!!) to get me through whatever my day is about to be filled with. Those words mean more to me than any grade I could receive – especially when you say you're proud of me. College is tough and after my long hours of studying, I value your words of encouragement to keep me going and get me through my classes. Thank you.

Making sure I am always taken care of.

Whether its new blouses for my job shadowing, new pens because I've managed to misplace all of my old ones or new high heels for any last-minute interviews that I may have, you are always making sure I have what I need. I am always sent back to college after a few days at home with groceries that will last me at least the next few weeks, making sure I'll eat well. Yes, you always make sure to tend to my needs first to make sure that they are met, but you also manage to give me things I simply want, and that's a blessing. Thank you.

Loving me endlessly.

No matter the situation, argument, or distance between us, my heart is full knowing that you love me even after all I may put you through. I know I don't say thank you enough, but you win the best mom award, in my book. At the end of a long day, I can count on your text with "Goodnight. I love you!" even if we had just had an argument an hour before. Thank you, Mom, for loving me no matter what.

I know that I can be a difficult kid and at times I don't make it easy, but at the end of the day, you will always be my mom and the person I will always be thankful for. You deserve all the love. Happy Mother's Day. Now, come give me a hug.