7 Things Guaranteed To Get You In the Holiday Spirit

Here's some classic Christmas itinerary items to take you from Scrooge to Buddy the Elf before even the first night of Christmas is over!

71

Your tummies are full from all that turkey, and Christmas break is right around the corner! For some reason though, you may not be feeling all that holly jolly this year. Maybe it's the stress of Christmas shopping and the traffic that comes along with it, or it's just the reality of getting older, but you might even be dreading this Christmas season.

But never fear! Now that Thanksgiving is finally over, this Christmas elf is ready to to get you in the Christmas Spirit! With a little help from Buddy the Elf, you'll be singing fa-la-la-la's in your sleep and dreaming of a white Christmas before you even finish that cup of hot cocoa!

1. Get Yourself Some Cozy Christmas Pajamas

Nothing helps you get into the Christmas spirit more than some cozy warm pajamas to curl up in after a long day of shopping, working, and all the hustle and bustle. A new pair might just help you to breathe in a sigh of relief that the Christmas season should break in. Wear them while snuggled up to a crackling fire and drinking a cup of hot chocolate or eggnog for bonus cheer.

2. Settle in for the Christmas Classics

Part of the joy of Christmas is getting to feel the magic of being a child again. One of the things that greatly brings me into that childlike state is settling in on the couch with my loved ones to watch my favorites growing up such as A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer, and adding in some new favorites like Elf and The Holiday.

3. Make an epic Christmas playlist.

Even better, burn it to a disc and listen to it in your car. Only put songs that you like to sing at the top of your lungs and dance around to. Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas is You is always a good place to start ;) Don't forget to add in some classics like Frank Sinatra.

4. Bring the magic indoors.

Who said Christmas lights have to just decorate the outside house or your tree? String some above your bed in your room. They'll lift up your mood and brighten (pun intended) your spirits every night you get to see them light up your room.

5. Go light hunting!

My mom and I made the tradition when I was a young girl to go out near Christmas time and drive around to find the best light displays. Something about driving around looking at all of the beautiful displays is one of the best memories I have from this special season, and it's something we still try to make a priority every year. Even if it's just around your own block, go for a night drive and check out the beauty around you!

6. Bake some holiday treats!

Have a holiday cookie bake-off or exchange with your closest friends or significant other and see who can make the best and cutest Christmas themed treats. Even if they don't turn out fantastically, the memories will be sweet and you'll start a new tradition with one another. If you don't feel so savvy in the kitchen, get a pre-made Gingerbread House kit and put it together with friends and family!

7. Recall old Christmas memories and dream up new traditions.

Get out those photo albums gathering dust, and look through photos of Christmas past and recall all of the good memories. Even if some loved ones have now passed on, be thankful for those memories you have with them during this amazing season. Remember that gratitude as you move into this Christmas season and start dreaming up ideas you want to do in your own family someday.

So there you have it! What are some of the things you're doing this Christmas season to spread joy? Share that cheer with others!