7 Things I Dislike About College As Told By Pooh Bear

Change equals different and different equals discomfort... at least for a little while.

110
Wall Devil

Overall, college has been a pretty good experience. There have been good moments and bad moments, these are just things that are unavoidable because you’re in a new place. It’s part of the experience.

Dining hall food.

First of all, the food here at SPU is great! Don’t get me wrong. But there is something about a home cooked meal made by your dad or mom that cannot be served in a dining hall.

Perpetual stress.

Whether it’s stress over an exam, registration or the amount of homework you have, you always have something to stress about. And if you are not stressing over the above, then you have stressing over your future job, life, and situation.

The struggle between wanting to look nice and not really caring in the first place.

Sweatshirts/sweatpants/jeans and converse are my aesthetic. But sometimes I will get the urge to not look like a total slob, however, it's motivating myself to put together a decent outfit that is a struggle in the first place.

Always hungry.

Because I sometimes stay up late to work on homework, I end up getting hungry. I mean, it’s around twelve or one in the morning and my stomach is making those whale mating noises. If you ever wonder about the causes of the “freshmen 15,” late night studying is definitely one of them.

Missing family.

I’ve loved meeting all the girls on my floor and different people in my classes. But it’s only natural to miss the people you’ve lived with for the first 17 to 18 years of your life.

So many activities, so little time.

I guess this is also something that I really like about college because there are so many fun things you get to go out and do with the friends you’ve made. But yes. It is a struggle and there is something called studying that exists.

Those moments of pure panic when you sleep in past your alarm.

Most of us have had that moment where you wake up feeling discombobulated because the lighting is off for whatever day it is. And then it hits you. You slept in. And then you freak out wondering what time it is and you realize you’ve slept through your nine o’clock class. The class that counts attendance as part of the grade. The horror.