7 Things You Didn't Know About Weightloss

Yeah, some aspects of weight loss can take a toll.

42
Sydney McCrady Facebook

So, you've been on this journey for a while, right? So your body is getting better, riiight? So everything in your life feels so much better, riiiiiiight? Wrong.

Here's what they don't often tell you about losing weight.

1.) You become Ob. Sessed. with the scale.

Don't do this! Don't do it! you will psych yourself out and often times will become more unmotivated than before you started your journey.

2.) This will not work if you aren't doing it for YOU.

Tell. Me. About. This. I have tried my entire life to lose weight and have that 'perfect' body. But, girl, do not do this for other people or what they think of you. This journey is for you! Only. You. Societal pressures are something I deal with daily, but until I decided this was for me, I did not succeed.

3.) Your body confidence fluctuates sooo much.

Listen. You work out. You feel good. You notice changes in your body, but things are changing. As humans, we hate change. So. Much. You can feel great one minute but notice that you are changing, and self-esteem plummets.

4.) None of your clothes fit right anymore.

You have those goal jeans sitting in your closet. They don't fit yet, but they will soon. In the meantime, your jeans are now too big and they don't hug your hips the right way. Your shirts don't fit right, especially around 'the girls.' Which leads me to my next point.

5) You lose your boobs. Ughhhh.

Even if you are president of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee (aka me), you will lose your boobs first and foremost. It's okay though, do some chest weights, your girls will start to pop out again.

6.) You sag in certain places.

I'm 21 years old! Why am I sagging?! Welll, you are losing weight, girl! Get it. If you want to prevent this, water water water! All the time, water. This helps the elasticity of your skin. However, as a plus size woman, losing weight may one day result in me getting a tummy tuck because of that extra skin (I may invest in a boob job, too (: ).

7.) Through all of this, you will never feel better about yourself.

That about says it all. There will be insecurities and mistakes made, but DON'T GIVE UP! You've got this.