7 Things College Students Have To Be Thankful For

Oh, November, the month of turkeys, Black Friday deals, and giving thanks to things we have in life.

55
Kaboompics

With College in full storm, our daily lives get so hectic we forget to stop and reflect on how lucky we are. Tests, events, and trying to figure out plans to get back home have us stressed, but hey, things could be worse, right? November will always be the month to give thanks for the different things in our lives, so here are a couple of things college students can be thankful for this fall.

1. Finals Week Is Coming Soon.

I know what you’re thinking. You read “Finals Week” and almost spit out your Pumpkin Spice Latte. Finals week can be beyond stressful, but think about it this way. Once it’s over, it’s winter break. You’re in the final stretch until you can actually relax and catch up on "Stranger Things" on Netflix (with no guilt whatsoever).

2. Winter Weather.

With fall coming to a close you can already feel that cool winter breeze coming in. Time to put on those layers again and freeze on your way to class. But hey, the cold has so many perks that you can only enjoy during this season. Hot cocoa, ice skating with friends, sledding down hills with the makeshift sleds you made out of cardboard (because you forgot to buy actual ones before you were snowed in). What more could you ask for?

3. Giant Sweatshirts.

The ultimate closet staple for any college student. You probably found yours at your local thrift store for $5 or stole it from your dad’s closet. Honestly, it looks good in every season, whether you style it with some leggings after you roll out of bed for your first class, or wear some shorts underneath for that “I’m not wearing pants” look. Comfy and cozy.

4. Coffee.

Oh, coffee. The addiction every college student has. We will always be grateful for coffee, especially on those late nights cramming for tests and then dragging your tired self to class the next day with that coffee cup in hand. Coffee will always have your back, and with that winter weather soon hitting campus, it’s time to switch that iced vanilla latte to a hot one.

5. Friends.

Don’t forget to thank the people who dragged you out on the weekends when you thought you wanted to stay home, or popped the popcorn on the nights when you both were too lazy to go out. College wouldn’t be the same without these people, so give them the thanks that they deserve.

6. Opportunity.

College is known to be the gateway to opportunity. It can seem hard and stressful at times (I know you debate on dropping out at least five times a quarter) but don’t forget to be thankful that you are able to attend school. You’re able to learn and meet new people, and then graduate and hopefully land a job in your field of study. There are millions of people around the world who don’t get this opportunity, so don’t let it go to waste.

7. Going Home.

Winter break is in sight, and that means catching the soonest plane home. Whether your campus is 10 hours or 10 minutes away from home, it’s always nice to be back. Coming home means seeing your dog or cat again after months (and let's face it, you’re going to bawl your eyes out once you see them running toward you), getting an actual home-cooked meal (no more ramen or take out!), and getting to spend time with family again. You may love the freedom college gives you, but don’t lie, you can’t wait to binge-watch Christmas movies with the parents.