7 Things You Can Do After A Breakup

7 Things You Can Do After A Breakup

Stop holding on to "What Ifs?"

9
7 Things You Can Do After A Breakup

Whoever said breakups were easy is probably made out of stone and has never really been in love. Yes, I went there.

Here are 7 things you can do to make yourself feel a little better after losing your partner.

1. Cry.

Allow yourself to dwell on the situation and feel sad. Now I don't mean go ahead and fall into a spiral of pity and never get over him/her. But you need to let it out or else you will burst in the middle of a family dinner and start sobbing because the lettuce touched the steak (true story by yours truly).

You have to feel the pain when you lose the love you gave someone. Have to. There’s no choice here. It’s gonna hurt like a bitch, and if you try to suppress that in any form, it’s only gonna take that much longer to get over it.

2. Find a new show to watch.

Stranger Things has officially been ruined for me. But hey, Season 2 comes out soon right?

3. Go out.

No, this does not mean go out and get drunk every single night. This means go out with the friends you probably abandoned because you were in a relationship. Yes, it happens and you probably did it. Enjoy yourself a little, get distracted and dance to Despacito all night.

4. DON'T hook up with anyone until you are ready.

There have been so many opportunities and chances in a recently single girl's or boy's life where they feel sad and lonely so they could easily fall into the arms of the first guy or girl that is shoving tequila shots down their throat. BUT NO. I'm already super against hooking up with random people, but you do you, Adding a third person to the emotional rollercoaster you are going through cause Ben dumped you for the third time will just be more of a mess.

5. Don't close yourself to meeting new people.

He's not coming back. It's been 9 months. Stop holding on to "what ifs" and "I still love him" type of situations. Allow yourself to meet new people and enjoy it.

6. Remember that you had a life before your ex was in it.

"I don’t care how long you were together, but you were a complete person before your ex came into your life. The first discovery of this for me was realizing that I loved One Direction before I loved my ex. Kinda stupid, but also kinda freeing. Now every time I discover something that was a part of me before my ex was, I write it down.

It includes things as simple as my love of Captain Crunch, to more serious things like my plans to move to New York City after graduation. He wasn’t anything to me before we met, he wasn’t everything when we were together, and now he is nothing. Nothing but a closed chapter. Pretty neat, huh? I can still love Captain Crunch and One Direction and I’m still going to New York City, and he has nothing, and I mean nothing to do with any of those things." -Anonymous story

7. Travel.

It doesn't even have to be a trip to Europe, but changing scenery from the chaos of where everything happened to a quiet hammock in the middle of nowhere will give you some peace of mind.