7 Thank Yous To The Guy I Can't Thank Anymore

I am thankful to have called you my first love, my first everything.
71

I will never forget you, and I will never say that our 7 years together was a waste. Here are my 7 major thanks to you that have made me the girl I am today.

1. Thank you for teaching me how to ski and somewhat do water sports.

If it wasn't for you, I would have nothing cool about me to share with others. You were patient with teaching me how to snowboard, but that was so terrible because you are basically a pro skier. Thank you for taking me skiing with you every winter to the most beautiful mountains up in the east, and thank you for bringing me to Lake George every summer or on Long Beach Island Bay to either watch you wakeboard, or me knee boarding.

2. Thank you for teaching me how to be open/mannerly and polite to family/strangers/elders/etc. I did not come from a family with any etiquette.

When I first met your family and they were mad I wasn't being mannerly, I had no idea, and you showed me a different side to what family is all about. I thank you so much for showing me how to be respectable to every family member, and even strangers. I am now more of an open person because of it.

3. Thank you for introducing me to your best friends who have been a great impact on my life.

They became my best friends as well, and showed me that it doesn't matter how many differences you may have with one another but as long as we all have a fun time. I realized that they are the most unique and amazing people I will ever meet in my life.

4. Thank you for being a bit of a rebel with me in our high school years.

If it wasn't for you, I would probably be a completely different girl. You showed me not to care about what other people think of me and to have tougher skin. We had a lot of fun together being young and naive, and I wouldn't take any of it back. From countless parties, late night escapes, festivals, etc. you were my partner in crime.

5. Thank you for watching Naruto with me.

Who the hell else will watch Naruto with me? This will always be the best thing that I loved about us. We were dorks. We also watched many other Netflix shows together and that truly is commitment. Especially if we were away from each other for a while and we had to be committed to not watching an episode without each other.

6. Thank you for loving Lady.

She will always be part of our life. She is the smartest dog today because of both me and you, so thank you for helping me raise her.

7. Thank you for showing me how to love.

You have always been committed to me and never was disloyal. Because of you, I know what to look for in a guy if he has eyes for only me. You were interested in how my day was like, you would call me when you thought of me, you would want to hang out with me every single day and cuddle with me every single night. You were totally invested in me, and did not care about anyone else besides me. Thank you for being there for me.

I am thankful to have called you my first love, my first everything, who was part of my life for a whole 7 years.