7 Upbeat Songs For Stress Relief

7 Upbeat Songs For Stress Relief

The short-list of the best study songs of all time (opinion).

1157
7 Upbeat Songs For Stress Relief
PopSugar

For most college students at this time of year, exam week has either already rolled around or it is coming very, very soon. Final exams and papers are very stressful and we are often desperately searching for ways to relieve that stress. Of course, the only way that stress can go away is for exams to go away. And we all know that will never happen. Personally, I turn to music to help relieve stress. Each person's study playlist will be different based on their own music taste, but I've found that upbeat tunes and/or songs with positive messages help to take your mind off your worries and aggravations. Some people may or may not find that sad or angsty songs do the same, in which case, you do you! In no particular order, here are some of the best songs to blast during finals week. (The list isn't long, so it can't really stand alone as a playlist, but feel free to add any of these to your favorite study songs!)

1. Matchbox Twenty -- How Far We've Come

The words to this song might seem depressing, but I see the message "things could be worse so let's be happy instead."

2. Imagine Dragons -- On Top Of The World

If exams are getting you down, this song will elevate you. Epic.

3. Coldplay -- A Head Full Of Dreams

Things might need to break before you can take a break. Hopefully, "things" doesn't include your spirit.

4. Phillip Phillips -- Home

No matter where you are physically or psychologically, there will always be a way to find comfort. Essentially, everywhere is your home.

5. Panic! At The Disco -- Ready To Go (Get Me Out Of My Mind)

This song could either be motivational or encouraging escape. Both would work in this situation.

6. Young The Giant -- My Body

This song is (probably) about doing whatever it takes to get what you want or need. In the case of finals week, you want an A and you need a pass!

7. Coldplay --Up&Up

Things might seem bad right now, but pretty soon they'll be looking "up and up and up." (Sorry.)

I really hope these songs help. They definitely make me feel better!