7 Songs to Get You Hype for This Year

7 Songs to Get You Hype for This Year

Ever get bored of the same old songs?

71

It's a New Year and a new era for music. Recently, I've felt as if I've been in a slump of old playlists. I kept finding myself listening to the same things when I really have a hunger for new songs that I know I haven't heard yet.

Luckily, I have some friends that shoot music to me on the regular, allowing me to branch out of my "rhythm rut". I tend to fall into hard Alternative music, so I'm thankful for the people who throw new things my way.

Here are some songs to jam in the gym, be your travel bop on your commute to work, or your new party tune that slaps.

"Celeste" by Ezra Vine

"You're something out of a dream...messing with my head..."

An easy-rocking adventure in a song. Guy chases girl, the song mentions the New Year, and is catchier than all get out. What more can you want?

"Sunset" by The Midnight 

"They say it's darkest before the dawn...we've been in this town for far too long."

A synthwave band that catches the impending need to run away. It's all about getting up and escaping the mundane for a new adventure. This song makes me want to get in a car and never look back. Good thing I'm graduating soon, I guess?

"Love & War in Your Twenties" by Jordy Searcy 

"Everybody knows your twenties are for wasting time..."

A singer-songwriter tune that takes you through the successes and failures of you twenties, hence the title. It's about the struggle to make sense of the world, but that one person easily makes sense to you.

"Rich Girl" by Hall and Oates

"Don't you know that it's wrong to take what is given to you...so far gone..."

A classic, Hall and Oates preaches about a rich girl who uses her parents' money to get what she wants. Originally rumored to be about Patty Hearst, it still stands as a bop for all decades.

"Shoot Me Straight" by Brothers Osborne

"Make it burn the whole way down... lay my 6 foot 4 inch ass out on the ground."

This song is all about the weekend and forgetting the burdens outside of the bar. While alcohol isn't always the answer, sometimes it helps. Just know your limits and know when to call it quits for the night.

"Spoonful" by Grizfolk

"Just a little bit...just to get me by."

The newest single by Grizfolk, this cool, mellow rhythm really lets you lean back and relax for a minute. Just a soul being put on the back burner, being held on by a string. While it's a relatively bittersweet song, it's such a great song to drive around to.

Okay, a lot of it is Alternative. I'm sorry, but that genre is too good not to share. Hope you enjoy this new music and two-step your way through 2019!