7 Signs You Have An Old Soul

7 Signs You Have An Old Soul

They may be young by age, but their wisdom is beyond their years.

164
7 Signs You Have An Old Soul
www.123rf.com

You're only young once. Or at least, that's what everyone likes to remind you of. But for some young people, this time of their lives just doesn't fit their personality. Even though they're actually twenty years old, their values and traits would make you think otherwise. They are wise beyond their years and typically give the best advice. And most of the time, people who have old souls have come to be this way because of things they've gone through in their short life. But whatever the reason may be, here are seven signs you have an old soul.

1. Staying up past midnight just isn't an option

Even if you wanted to, staying up past midnight just isn't an option for old souls like you. When the sun goes down, so do all the old souls of the earth. If it's not light out, then you're pretty much useless. Old souls are certainly not ones for the night life. They'd prefer to stay home and watch a good classic movie before going to bed right on time.

2. Parties don't appeal to you at all

Not only do parties not appeal to you because of their late night nature, but you're also not really a fan of big crowds. Old souls prefer deeper and more intellectual conversations than who's dating who and who's drank more than they can handle. They also tend to favor one on one conversations compared to larger groups. Old souls aren't the life of the party and they are more than okay with that. They have a few close friends that they'd rather spend quiet dinners with anytime.

3. And dating means something completely different to you

To someone who has an old soul, dating simply means you've gone on a few dates with someone. It doesn't mean you are boyfriend and girlfriend, and it doesn't mean you're locked into a commitment already. Old souls don't know what "talking" even means because they've never really partaken in it. Old souls think dating is something that should be celebrated, not avoided.

4. Hard copy books are the only way to go

If you're an old soul, then you know reading off a screen just won't do; You're old school all the way. Old souls love the feel of a good book in their hands. They know that the sound of turning pages will always top the ding of an electronic book. And it's really sinful to even think about reading the classics in any other way.

5. And black and white movies are never boring

Most people your age would never be found watching a black and white movie. But for old souls like you, it actually happens quite frequently. Just like books, you're a fan of all of the classics. You know nothing will top Casablanca, It's A Wonderful Life, or To Kill A Mockingbird. You love snuggling up in your sweatpants, popping some good popcorn, and watching endless movies in your favorite fashion.

6. You don't really understand the lingo your friends use most of the time

Social media might be one of the most confusing trends of all time. Whether it's understanding how each one works or just trying to keep up with all the new sites, it's certainly not easy. And when you add in all of the abbreviated lingo that people are using now, it's not hard to see why old souls like you get so confused! People joke that you're a total grandma. But in cases like this, you pretty much are.

7. School and work are actually enjoyable

When you're an old soul, you actually thoroughly enjoy things like school and work. You love learning new things and pushing yourself intellectually. You know there's no greater feeling that accomplishing something that's really challenging. Old souls not only know, but embrace the idea that anything that's really worth it is worth all of the adversity that will try to come in the way.