7 Signs You Are An Extroverted-Introvert

You do not necessarily classify yourself as a full extrovert or introvert, but you do have a unique personality.

1426
Counselling Resource

If you're an Extroverted-Introvert, you have a great personality

An Extrovert is classified as someone who is outgoing, the center of attention, and very bubbly. An Introvert is classified as someone who is more reserved, the one paying attention to those around them, and is quiet in a good way. Being an Extroverted-Introvert combines both of those personalities where one trait might outweigh the other. Whether you classify yourself as more of an Extrovert or an Introvert but have always felt like you never weighted more towards one or the other, here are a few signs you might actually be a mix of both! You're unique.

1. You like to socialize, but need alone time before and after you go out.

You truly do like socializing, but the problem is, too much is overwhelming. Before you go out, you might need to listen to music or watch a little bit of Netflix in order to stay focused. Once you go out for socializing hour, you may feel tired or bored after a while and that's okay. That's when you head back to your little corner of safety and have more alone time.

2. The idea of small talks drives you crazy; You would rather have in-depth conversations with someone.

Getting to know someone is something that interests you greatly, but in today's society, people prefer to start small talks that tend lead to nothing in particular. Having an in-depth conversation pleases you. You want to know how someone's day went as well as what their favorite activity is. You want to personally get to know someone for who they are, rather than knowing how their day went in passing.

3. You'll talk in a group setting, but only to offer your thoughts when you deem necessary.

The struggle of an introvert is making your voice heard, especially when you're in a crowd of extroverts. Introverts typically sit back and enjoy their time "socializing" by listening to what others have to say. However, if you're an extroverted-introvert, you want to contribute to the topic under discussion. This doesn't necessarily mean a 10-minute long speech. You'll join in by stating your opinions when you deem them necessary.

4. You balance your social time.

You have a social agenda. You may want to go out a few times a week, or decide to stay in all week and spend time to chill by yourself. Whatever your agenda is, you know what you need emotionally.

5. You think about multiple scenarios of a social event.

Overthinking is real and it's nerve-wracking especially for introverts. You may feel this is true for you, so instead of panicking before going out, you go through the motions of what can possibly happen when you arrive at an event. Will your friends abandon you or will they stay? You have a plan for both. Will you sit around or go dance with a stranger? You have a plan for both.

6. You have a close-knit friend group.

Having a lot of friends isn't a priority of yours. You would rather have at least one best friend who knows every secret about you rather than having a handful of friends who only know the surface of your personality. Sticking with a small group of friends gives you personal satisfaction.

7. You tell only those close to you your personal problems.

Like mentioned before, your group of friends may be small and those friends know all about you and you know all about them. You know what ticks them off as well as what makes them happy. They know who you finally kissed last week or what made you have a panic attack in the middle of the week. They're always there for you.

8. There's an intense internal struggle on whether or not you actually want to go out.

Emotional battle here. Everyone has those, but you go back and forth more times than you want. Should you stay inside and cuddle up in a blanket and binge-watch that Netflix show you've been dying to watch or go out to the club with your friends? Being an extroverted-introvert is hard because you have many options, but it all depends on your mood at that moment before you decide what your plans will be.

9. A breakaway plan is always playing in the back of your mind.

When you get too tired, nervous, or feel the need to get out of a situation you're in, you always have a backup plan. If you go out with a friend and they had too many drinks, you may call the cut and recommend you both should leave before things get out of hand. Or maybe you mention you forgot you had to update your parents on your life and swear you forgot you scheduled the call on girls night. Whatever it may be, you have a breakaway plan ready to go.

Being an extroverted-introvert, you have many unique situations and you know exactly how to handle them. Next time you're out with your friends or if you're by yourself, think about whether or not you might have any of these signs. If you do, welcome to the extroverted-introvert club!