Sorry Ariana, 7 rings Doesnt Make Me Feel Empowered

Sorry Ariana, But '7 Rings' Doesn't Make Me Feel Empowered— It Makes Me Feel Broke AF

The reality of being a poor bad b**ch.

156

I'm sure you have all heard Ariana Grande's newest girl power anthem, 7 rings. If not, stop what you're doing and give it a listen. It catchy, cute, and a perfect stairmaster song, right? I had to see what all the rage was. As I gave it a listen, I started thinking about why she would write a song like this. Don't get me wrong, the girl has been through hell and back recently and has still maintained her slammin' bod, no public meltdowns, and her kick-ass music career. She says in the song, "I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it", which made me realize,

I AM A BROKE BAD BITCH.

Here's what different between empowered women like myself and Ariana.

Less dollars, Less problems

You probably just read that and laughed. Fair enough. BUT the less money I have, the more grateful I am for what I already have. No money can buy your happiness, this is a known fact.

The struggle of, I like it, but can't buy it

The reality is, we all want those red bottom heels, but there is no way in hell you can afford them. Plain and simple.

Retail therapy? I'll stick to regular therapy

Feeling down in the dumps? Put your credit card away sis and text your therapist! You'll regret the debt and things can't fill the void.

Do you have to be rich to be pretty?

I know all of us get on social media and see all the beautiful women on there. We proceed to go to the mirror and look at all the things "that need to be fixed" with our bodies. After we hit the internet to see what detox teas and skin serum to purchase to look like Kendall Jenner. But hey, you're hot and don't need to spend $$ to feel like it :)

All and all, Ariana is still kicking ass and taking names, but we just have different versions of feeling like a kick-ass woman. Yeah, she might get to order sushi to her door, drop some serious cash on Rodeo Drive, and go to a fancy night club to hype herself. But guess what? I can go to my local grocery store, get some pretty decent Chinese food, hit the sales rack at Express for a cute outfit, and spend a night with my girls and feel like a million bucks.