7 Refreshing Conspiracy Theories

7 Refreshing Conspiracy Theories

A list of conspiracy theories that really make your think about "the truth."

123
7 Refreshing Conspiracy Theories
ColorMeCashmere

What is a conspiracy theory? The term is conventionally deemed as a theory that explains an event or phenomenon as a result of plot initiated by powerful conspirators (e.g. the government). Although the idea of conspiracy theories itself might sound far fetched and possibly unrealistic, quite a bit of people vouch for its validity. Evident through those who question organized institutions, conspiracy theorist can be summed up as skeptics who question the common understanding of facts and history. The list below instances a healthy variety of a few popular and controversial conspiracy theories:

1. Skytrains

Often perceived as contrails that come from jets, but “skytrails”/”chemtrails” are rather thicker and form criss-crossed parallel lines. The conspiracy theory is described as a method of weather modification- it is allegedly linked to worsening of global warming.

2. Tupac is still alive

After Tupac Shakur’s tragic death, conspiracy theorists and quite a large portion of his fan-base have claimed that the rap legend did not really die on that night and instead has been living a double life in Cuba.

3. NASA faked the moon landings

In a desperate attempt to beat the Russians, the conspiracy theory is in accordance with the assumption that the U.S. government faked the lunar landings by having astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin acting out their “mission” on a movie set in Hollywood. Given the fact that the only evidence of the mission was provided by NASA, there is no “verification that the lunar landings were anything but a hoax”.

4. Gucci Mane is a clone

“Now that Gucci’s home, it’s over for you Gucci clones” he raps in Kanye West’s “Champions”. Following the Atlanta rapper’s release from a 3 year prison sentence, 2016 marked the year in which the theory that claims Gucci being a clone was conceived. As a result of lots of social media usage (via Snapchat and Instagram), his fans were able to witness how jail transformed him into the rapper we know of today.

5. Area 51

Area 51 is located in Nevada about 80 miles from Las Vegas. Despite such a limited amount of information provided to the public, however, conspiracy theorists have formulated the idea that the United States government has been using Area 51 since the 1970’s as a top-secret facility for testing spy planes (i.e. the U-2) and exploring extraterrestrial life (i.e. UFO’s).

6. The Mandela effect

Granted that the Mandela Effect (when someone has a clear member of something happening that never happened in this reality) has nothing to do with civil rights leader Nelson Mandela, an event his life does provide a great example of the conspiracy at hand. When he was arrested and put in jail, people all over the world accounted for the shock when learning of his death; however, he was anything but dead. In this case, the precise emotions and memories that some people felt at the time of this happening were not reflected in the memories of everyone else.

7. Alien Crop circles

Conventionally formed overnight in farmer’s fields, this miraculous yet mysterious global phenomenon poses a great question in regards to who or what is making them.. and what do they mean?