7 Reasons You Should Still Watch 'Scrubs' In 2017

“Well isn’t that the pickle on the giant crap sandwich that is my day.”

373
Wikia

There are way more than seven reasons to watch Scrubs, but the title says seven… and I’m sticking to it. Here we go.

1. It’s Hilarious

Laughter is good for your health, and I’m sure the cast of young doctors on the show would agree. But if that’s not enough for you, check out what some real doctors have to say about the benefits of laughter here. Though the show can get deep, J.D. and company will make a direct connection to your funny bone. It’s just what the doctor ordered.

2. Bromance

All bros (and bro-ettes) love a good bromance, and Scrubs definitely serves one up. The chemistry between Zach Braff (J.D.) and Donald Faison (Chris Turk) is uncanny. It’s almost like they’re best friends in real life. Oh wait, they are. Just google search Zach Braff and Donald Faison friends. You’ll thank me later.

3. Heartwarming

Though the show is a comedy, it hits so many different emotional notes. One minute you’ll be laughing, the next, holding back tears. By the end of any episode you watch, you’ll feel like you actually just experienced something more than just a few cheap laughs with some ads in between.

4. Big Name Guest-Stars

Scrubs ain’t no joke. Here are a few, by a few I mean a ton, of names you’ve probably heard before.

John Ritter (Three’s Company)

Kelly Williams (The Practice)

Christopher Meloni (Law & Order SVU)

Elizabeth Banks (The Lego Movie)

Dave Foley (NewsRadio, A Bugs Life)

Kerri Russell (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)

Mandy Moore

Heather Graham (The Hangover)

Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife)

Tara Reid (The Big Lebowski)

Michael J. Fox (Back to the Future)

Courtney Cox (Friends)

Heather Locklear (Melrose Place)

Brendan Fraser (The Mummy)

Amy Smart (The Butterfly Effect)

Freddy Rodriguez (Can’t Hardly Wait)

Lee Thompson Young (The Famous Jett Jackson)

Kate Micucci (The Lego Batman Movie)

Taran Killam (SNL)

Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation)

Nicole Sullivan (MADtv)

Michael McDonald (MADtv)

Scott Foley (Scandal)

Matthew Perry (Friends)

Colin Farrell

Jason Bateman (Horrible Bosses)

You get the idea- There is a crapload of famous people in Scrubs. And that’s not even the whole list.

5. Introspection & Problem Solving

Scrubs is great in this regard. We follow the loveable (or hate-able, your choice) J.D. through his trials and tribulations from an intern, fresh out of med school in season one to residency director, teaching interns in season nine. Every season is packed not only with laughs, but valuable life lessons to boot. It’s a win-win. The show is known for relying heavily on J.D.’s inner monologue to tell a fuller, more personal story.

6. Cast

Aside from hilarious writers, countless guest stars, and a great premise, the cast is ultimately what makes the show. Zach Braff, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley (Platoon, Seven), Sarah Chalke (Rick & Morty, Roseanne), Neil Flynn (The Middle), Judy Reyes (Devious Maids) and Ken Jenkins (I Am Sam) have an undeniable chemistry that kept the show going from 2001 to 2010. The show is just not the same without each and every one of their characters in it, which is rare.

7. Awards

One last proof of Scrubs’ worth: countless awards. The show has been nominated for 130 different awards and taken home 32. To boot, the show has a rating 8.4/10 on IMDB.com.

If you’ve seen the show, you know what I’m talking about.

If you haven’t, I’m writing you a prescription:

Take Scrubs on weekday mornings from 7-10 on Comedy Central!