7 Reasons You Should Consider Visiting Church Of The Highlands

For anyone still searching for a church to call home.

170
Pixabay.com

Church of the Highlands is a non-denominational Christian church that originated in Birmingham, Alabama. It is the largest church in Alabama, with 14 campuses and a 15th opening in The Shoals area in February of 2017, as well as its presence in correctional facilities across the state. Highlands is led in an unorthodox way via video broadcast of Senior Pastor, Chris Hodges. The growth of this church is no secret, with some locations offering up to five services each Sunday. If you have yet to find a church to call home, Church of the Highlands may just be exactly what you have been looking for.

1. It's Inviting

Every church service, rain or shine, a parking team in neon yellow shirts will direct you exactly where to go from the second you arrive on the Highlands campus. You will again be greeted by smiling faces at the doors who will direct you inside and give you a pen and worship guide for the service that will answer any logistic questions you may have about the church. It is based on providing a welcoming environment for new comers so it takes away the usual awkwardness that can accompany trying out a new church.

2. It's Energetic

Pastor Chris is very forward about his belief that church should be fun, so that was one of his main goals in starting Highlands. Contemporary music is played with live instruments and singers. The same songs that appear on the radio are guaranteed to show up in service.

3. It's Relateable

There is a huge difference in being preached to and being preached at. Instead of reading through passages line by line, messages are delivered topically. For example, each year, a series known as "You Asked For It" is created based off of the results of a short survey taken in the service around Easter. In this series, big questions like "How do I handle difficult people?" or "How do I hear God's voice?" are answered. To do this, Pastor Chris pulls textual evidence from all throughout the Bible to help answer these common questions we all ask.

5. It's Entertaining

Along with the contemporary music, there are also videos created by the production team to provide a modern interpretation of biblical truths. Many of these include humor which is again replicated by Hodges in his sermons. Jokes and stories are incorporated throughout the message which easily hold listeners attention and keep them coming back for more.

6. It's Convenient

Depending on which location you would be attending, there may be up to five services available. For locations such as Tuscaloosa, times are offered at 8:00, 9:30, 11:30, 4:30 and 6:00. This creates the opportunity to attend a service that fits best with your schedule. On top of that, if you are unable to make a service, there is also an option to watch online through a live stream or go back to old messages in the archives.

7. It's Easy To Get Involved

Church of the Highlands pushes you to, not only have a relationship with Christ, but to grow in that relationship. If you decide to call Highlands your church home, you will be introduced to the Growth Track (a four step process where you learn where your individual gifts can be applied for the betterment of the church). After completing these steps, you will find joy through knowing you are fulfilling what you were created to do.

By visiting https://www.churchofthehighlands.com/campuses, you can find locations and service times for a campus near you and answer questions you may still have about the church, its values, and how it operates.