7 Reasons Why My Mom Is My Best Friend

7 Reasons Why My Mom Is My Best Friend

Mothers are the real superheroes that almost always come to our rescue.

414
7 Reasons Why My Mom Is My Best Friend
ParentMap

Nothing is more powerful than a mother’s love for her children. A good mother will do anything in her way to protect them and make sure that they are well fed, clothed, sheltered, and educated. Although no mother is perfect, she has the power to influence how her children will grow up.

Since Mother’s Day just happened this past weekend, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to celebrate all the mothers out there who have worked so hard in raising their child or children, supporting their dreams and aspirations, as well as helping them reach them. Your mother may not be your best friend, but mine happened to be my best friend for the following reasons:

1. She understands me.

My mother knows what I am going through, especially those mood swings (in my early teens), stress, and anxiety for tests and exams. She often gives me a little pep talk, “Kaya mo yan,” which means “You can do it” in English. Whenever I feel down, she always manages to put a smile on my face by reminding me how much good I have done and will continue to do.

2. She bakes the best brownies.

I think I have gained a few extra pounds recently because of her cooking, but I love her for that. She makes these brownies that are so appetizing that I can finish an entire row by myself! Not only that, she makes spaghetti, beef giniling, and ginising ampalaya with eggs. Her skills at cooking are unmatchable compared to mine. Unfortunately, I cannot cook that well.

3. She helped fuel my passion for music.

My mother was the one who was insistent upon enrolling me in guitar lessons. After playing guitar for seven years now, I cannot thank her enough. My parents bought me a ukulele for my twentieth birthday and I just could not put it down. I might learn how to write a song and dedicate one for her.

4. She is the master of small talks.

She always makes other people laugh by saying a joke or two. Her socialization skills are beyond my capabilities. Her compliments on whatever you are wearing just make you want to give her a hug. She would point out those shoes or those earrings that you have always worn and tell them they look pretty on you. The only time she would insult you is if you have insulted her first, but she would not say it directly to your face or worse, post it on Facebook for everyone to see. Instead, she would tell my sister and me and we would all laugh about it. She has developed that immunity to words that sting, bite, and attack. Now, that’s a power I wish I had especially with a sensitive skin like mine.

5. She is a movie buff.

My dad would joke that my mom’s hands hurt from carrying her phone for too long, because she watches a lot of movies and shows. Honestly, I don’t blame her. She knows all the good series on Netflix and even makes suggestions as to what movies or shows I would enjoy. She was the one who got me hooked on Game of Thrones in the first place.

6. She knows how to kick butt.

She is a real superhero, alright. Not to mention she also knows how to clean butt. As a nurse, it is her duty to treat and care for sick people. I admire her for that. She always knows what to do whenever my sister and I feel ill. She knows how to handle those symptoms and also takes us to the doctor, the dentist, and even the optometrist.

7. She loves me.

Can you imagine a world without moms? That would be a sad, desolate world. My mom has always been the one who has shown me that every day in every way I am getting better and better if I pray. Mothers are not only gifts, but they are true blessings from God. They give birth and have to raise us. They are the real superheroes that come to our rescue.