7 Reasons Why Having A Baby Brother Is The Best Thing A Guy Could Ask For

Having a baby brother as an adult is the best thing ever.

11
Harry Griffin

Here I am a couple of weeks away from being a full-fledged adult. I’ll be 21 and a college graduate. Most of the people around me are getting engaged and starting their own families. I am nowhere close to that goal. Being a father is number one on my list of life goals, but I have to say that it would seem that goal is far off. Long term relationships have never really been my thing, so I guess I owe my Dad a huge thank you for deciding to have another kid at the ripe age of 50. Thanks to Dad, I can boast all the pleasures of having a son, without actually having one. I remember that I was only about 45 days into my college experience when I got the call that Timber Dean Griffin had been born. I was in total shock and I actually starting tearing up (that doesn’t happen often). I would guess that I will get that same feeling some day down the road if I can ever convince a woman that having a baby with me would be a bright idea. In the meantime, I have treated Timber like any big brother would, but I have taken some very careful notes to make sure that I succeed. Here is a list of the seven reasons why having a baby brother as an adult is the best thing a guy could ask for:

1. I get to change diapers.
    I feel like few guys understand the importance of wiping and powdering a baby’s bottom. It really brings life full circle.
  2. I get to teach my brother how to play sports.
    It isn’t often that I get to teach a two year old how to throw a ball or swing a bat. Update: When he swings the bat, he rarely hits the ball. Instead, he chases and swings it at me.
  3. He teaches me Spanish.
    Yes, you read that right. You can understand my amazement when he counted to 10 to Spanish at a Mexican restaurant.
  4. He takes the best selfies.
    I am a snapchat junkie. People on snapchat often roll their eyes when they get something from me. The only time people answer is when I send them a snap of Timber yelling, “Cheese!” and smiling the biggest, goofiest smile the world has ever seen.
  5. He sings the alphabet song .
    Everyone remembers singing the alphabet. Even as an adult, if someone told me to say the alphabet, I would probably sing it. When Timber sings it, he jumbles “LMNOP” like every little kid does and it makes me laugh every time.
  6. We watch 90s Disney Movies together.
    If you grew up in the 80s or 90s, you watched "Aladdin", "Hercules", "Tarzan", "The Little Mermaid", etc. Curling up on the coach and watching these movies with Timber reminds me of being a little boy.
  7. The girls love him.
    Timber has quickly become the most likeable Griffin. You can only sum him up in one word: STUD.

One day Timber will be my age and I will be a middle aged man with a wife and kids. I can only hope that Timber enjoys hanging with my little kids the way that I have enjoyed hanging with him.