Being sick isn't fun ever, however it seems to be even worse when you're in college. There's so many things that make being sick in college so much more difficult. Here's 7 reasons why being sick at college is the ABSOLUTE WORST.
1. Your mom isn't there to take care of you.
When you get sick at home, your mom is always there to bring you soup, switch the TV channel, and basically do anything that you ask her to. At school, you're pretty much on your own.
2. You have to miss class, but still try to keep up.
In college, the professor isn't going to make sure that you get everything you need that was missed that day. It's your job to make sure somebody takes notes and gets you everything that you will need to have turned in the next class period.
3. If an assignment is due, you still need to have it in on time- even if it needs turned in all the way across campus.
Sick? Too bad. Some professors still want your paper to be on their desk by 3pm, or they will make sure that you can kiss 10% of your grade good-bye.
4. You see your friends all doing fun things, but can't join in.
You're stuck in your room all day, lying in bed and eating microwave soup because it hurts to move while your friends hang out, watch movies, are able to move freely and eat lots of junk food. It's safe to say you start to feel a little bit left out.
5. You really just want to be in your own bed at home and not using a community bathroom.
When living in the dorms, this is a real struggle. Your bed at school isn't all that bad, but it's definitely not your be at home. And community bathrooms when you don't feel good are the absolute worst. Plus, sometimes, all you want is a warm bubble bath to make you feel even the slightest bit better. It would be great just to be home.
6. You have to take yourself to the doctor, or hope that a friend might help you out.
It's bad enough going to your primary doctor because you're sick- now you have to see somebody that you don't know AND you might have to go alone. But if you're lucky, you have a good friend (or two) who will be more than willing to take you.
7. You really just want to get better so much faster than ever before.
With everything that you have going on, from assignments to projects to tests to extra activities and work, you miss way too much when you're sick. The best thing you can hope for is that you'll get better quickly and won't miss out on a whole lot while you are stuck in bed recovering.