7 Reasons To Take A Protein Supplement Daily

Protein can help with anyone trying to have a healthy lifestyle

18
Muscle & FItness
  1. You don’t consume protein throughout the day. The average person does not consume enough protein throughout the day on their regular diet, an average man would need around 56 G of protein, while an average woman would need around 46 G of protein. Your standard protein supplement will give you around 24 grams of protein. Any more than that and your body is not actually digesting it.
  2. It tastes Great! Protein shakes taste great, and they come in a variety of flavors, from chocolate to vanilla, birthday cake to strawberries and cream, and even the seasonal pumpkin spice or peppermint flavors. The best thing to do is try all of them and see which one you like best and stick with it.
  3. Can be mixed with anything, You can add a scoop of protein to a lot of things, from smoothies to pancake mix, and it tastes amazing. There are many different recipes that you can cook up in minutes, by throwing it into a blender. Mix it with fruit, peanut butter, milk, vegetables, whatever you want pretty much, and it will taste great.
  4. Helps build muscle Without protein, your body would not be able to build or repair muscle after a workout. Protein is made out of amino acids, which are building blocks when it comes to muscle. In order to build muscle your muscles needs to be torn apart microscopically, which happens while working out, and in order to repair and become bigger it needs to be replenished by the right nutrition, which would be protein.
  5. Helps burn fat Protein will help increase your metabolism and will burn more calories throughout the day compared to if you don’t consume protein. Since protein helps to build muscle it will raise your metabolism and cause you to burn more calories throughout the day. Like, let's be honest, who doesn't want to have less fat?
  6. Meal Replacement Can be used as a meal replacement which can help lose weight and will keep you full throughout your day. Your average protein supplement per scoop will give you about 24 grams of protein and 120 calories with water. One of the best things to do is to add half a cup of oatmeal to your protein shake to help keep you full for even longer and give you the necessary energy to go on during the day.
  7. Many kinds of protein Allergic to milk? That is okay, there are various types of proteins, from whey and casein (milk proteins) to soy, plant, and even beef proteins. On top of that there are different types of protein for different goals you are looking for. You could get your standard whey protein which stays in your system about 2.5 hours. Or Casein that stays in your system for about 6 hours.