7 Reasons Why Spring Is Actually The Worst Time Of Any Year

Can summer just hurry up already?
2502

We're halfway through the month of March, spring break has come and gone, and the season of spring is finally upon us. But there are many reasons why I'm not too thrilled to see its arrival.

1. During this time of year, motivation is at an all-time low.

We seem to be so close to summer break, and most of us are ready for this semester to be over. Especially on those rare sunny days, we'd all rather take a nap on the quad than actually care about our responsibilities.

2. During spring, Mother Nature likes to tease us and trick us.

In February, there were a few glorious 70 degree days spent on the quad, giving us hope that the cold weather would end sooner and summer had arrived early. But, of course, it was not to be. Spring break began with freezing winds and ended with a snowstorm. Why, Mother Nature, do you have such a cruel sense of humor?

3. Pollen becomes everyone's worst enemy.

Springtime is always filled with sniffles, sneezes, and coughs, so don't leave home without a pack of tissues.

4. Spring is the season of in-between weather.

It’s too cold to go without a jacket, but it’s also too hot to wear a jacket for an extended period of time. If you do choose to wear a jacket, I guarantee you'll be sweating after walking across campus. Not to mention those days with freezing cold mornings and sunny (aka sweaty) afternoons.

5. That cute summer blouse hanging in your closet will tempt you.

On a day that's not quite warm enough, you will want to wear that adorable blouse that you brought back from spring break, but don't do it. Don’t fall into the trap, or you will regret it.

6. Health kicks are everywhere during springtime.

Everyone is getting ready for swimsuit season, so it seems that everywhere I turn someone is trying the latest diet or health fad or is constantly at the gym. I'm impressed by their motivation, but I can't (and I don't really want to) keep up with these efforts.

7. Do April showers really bring May flowers?

I'm thinking this is false hope that spring will eventually become more bearable when in reality, Mother Nature will throw at us whatever type of weather she wants. Chances are, it will probably rain at the most inconvenient times, like on the day you forget your umbrella.

It seems like the universe is working against us during this time of year. It's an emotional rollercoaster, but we'll get through it together by looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel: summertime.