7 Reasons To Smile Now That Spring Is Finally Here

Truly the best season ever.

14

Spring has sprung for real this time. I know those heat waves throughout the winter, followed by very cold days, kept throwing us all for a loop but it is now officially spring! This is the time for the rebirth of a lot of things… Not just Jesus.

1. More sunlight will hit your face, and this is heaven

Technically, the clocks changed back a week ago, but that was only the first hint of what was to come. Now that it’s spring, the sun is going to get closer, which means longer hours and stronger rays. Bring on that overpriced SPF!

2. Crop tops and flip-flops are the basic uniforms

Leggings and Uggs have been pushed to the back of the closet despite the still-frigid temperatures ahead of us. It doesn’t matter that it’s only 50 degrees when you’re in direct sunlight, it matters that one day soon, 50 degrees will be the new 20 degrees

3. Flowers are EVERYWHERE!

Just as a tree grows in Brooklyn, so do flowers, there and everywhere else. There will be live ones in parks and be sprouting from sidewalks; there will be patches of them on shirts and ripped jeans. The floral pattern will take over purses and dresses like it’s going out of style. But we all know it will be back next March through July.

4. Outdoor workouts are possible again

Some of you may grin and bear that wind chill coupled with snowy sidewalks (myself included) from December through March, but most don’t. But now it is your time to shine along with the sun and go for a run in the great outdoors or find a park to do your pull-ups at.

5. You can eat all the cold things again

There’s nothing more enjoyable on a leisurely day than to sit outside and enjoy a tasty meal or sip on a refreshing beverage and Spring weather is perfect for outdoor dining.

6. Two Words: FESTIVAL SEASON

Festival season! Whether you’re a music lover, food aficionado or movie connoisseur, Spring brings all of the best festivals for you to gather and celebrate whatever it is you’re into. The mother of them all being Coachella in Indio, CA with Outkast as this year’s headliner.

7. The cutest animals start showing up

What is cuter than baby animals? Gorgeous bunnies, piglets, chicks or ducklings. There is simply no escape from the adorable photos or videos of these little ones. But frankly, who would be escaping from this cuteness?

On top of all this, summer is so close! Spring really is the best season. It gives us hope for the future because we know it’s only going to get better. Yes, eventually it will get worse again, but anyone who claims spring isn’t their favorite season is wrong