7 Realistic Goals For 2018

7 Realistic Goals For 2018

Move forward, it's boring standing still

134
7 Realistic Goals For 2018
Katherine Devine

2017 sucked. I liked a boy and he pretty much broke my heart. I spent hours and hours in the library pouring over books only to fail my first test. I put myself out there and went after something I wanted, and lost. BUT 2018 has come! And while I’m not foolish enough to think that things will miraculously turn around, here are a few realistic goals and changes I (and maybe you, too) plan to make this year.

1. Always have your nails painted.

Something so small and insignificant seeming can really make a difference. It looks cleaner and more put together, which can tip the scales in your favor if you’re going on an interview for an internship or new job. Plus, even on gloomy, sweatpants and messy bun days, your nails will always look nice as fuck.

2. Drink water.

It’s good for your skin. It’s good for your hair. It’s good for all of you, that’s why it makes up 60% of your body. Stay hydrated and balance out the 48 ounces of daily coffee intake.

3. Eat a vegetable every day.

Every single day. Even if it’s three pieces of broccoli with dinner, it’s better than nothing. Especially in college, where dining hall food isn’t the best, it can be a little difficult to get your greens in. Be sure to eat from all areas of the food pyramid this year.

4. Be five minutes early to everything.

Set your alarm five minutes earlier. Leave the house five minutes earlier. It’s only five minutes, but it makes all the difference. Punctuality shows responsibility, and that you care about your commitments. And you’ll never be the person awkwardly walking into class or a meeting late.

5. Tell more people that you love them.

You can never hear that you’re loved too many times, and you can never tell people you love them too often. In a time in our lives where everything is shaky and uncertain, there’s no reason not to remind your family and friends how thankful you are to have them in your life.

6. Make your bed in the morning.

Think about how much better it is to come home to a nicely made bed!! After hours of classes, working, and studying you’ll be much happier when you get home and your bed is made and waiting for you.

7. Spend more time reading and less time watching TV.

I love a good Netflix binge as much as the best girl, but not as much as ink on paper. It’s better for your brain to sit down with a book than to sit down with a laptop, and so much schoolwork is done online now that a good novel is a welcome break from a screen. Treat yourself, and your eyes, to a new read.

So whether you pick one goal, or attempt all seven, or you have some resolutions of your own, strive to make this year better than the last. After all, if you’re not moving forward, you’re standing still, and how boring is that?