7 Quotes From My Man, Whitman

7 Quotes From My Man, Whitman

"I swear to you there are divine things more beautiful than words can tell."

35
7 Quotes From My Man, Whitman

I developed a love for Walt Whitman about three years ago. The first time I read his work I felt like life began to make sense. That is good writing. When it impacts you in that way--when you actually feel something so profound that you cannot put it into words. Here are some of his words that resonated with me so deeply that I hope will make you feel in some type of way:

1. "Let your soul stand cool and composed before a million universes."

2. "Be curious, not judgmental."

3. "Happiness, knowledge, not in another place but this place, not for another hour but this hour."

4. "The true words do not fail, for motion does not fail and reflection does not fail."

5. "The earth remains jagged and broken only to him or her who remains jagged and broken."

6. "Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you."

7. "I swear to you there are divine things more beautiful than words can tell."