7 'Sex And The City' Quotes Every Person Looking For Love Needs To Hear

Falling in Love by the words of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda & Charlotte

363

Some of the best advice I have picked up over the years has been displayed through the actions of Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte. Women who came to the city looking for two things, Labels & Love.

1. “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.”

In reality, this is what we strive for, what we spend countless hours questioning ourselves to find this, to find love.

2. “I will not be the first one to speak. And if he never calls me again, I’ll always think of him fondly, as an asshole.”

In most cases, we are all going to kiss some frogs (“assholes”) until we find the one. Try not to fall in love with the assholes.

3. “The fact is, sometimes it’s really hard to walk in a single woman’s shoes. That’s why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun.”

Being single isn't a punishment, it just means you need to fall in love with yourself first, have fun and walk in those fabulous shoes while you still can.

4. “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.”

There's no need to fall in love with every person you meet, be picky, don't just give your heart away to someone who didn't deserve it.

5. “You and I are like that red wall. It’s a good idea in theory, but somehow it doesn’t quite work.”

You tried, you tried to fall in love, but like that red wall, there's always going to be something off about it. Don't give up on finding your love, you'll find them one day and they will be the perfect shade of red.

6. So maybe it won’t look like you thought it would in high school, but it’s important to remember that love is possible. Anything is possible.

Maybe you planned to fall in love with your high school sweetheart and live happily ever after, but if that doesn't happen, it's because the love wasn't the right love.

7. “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”

Let's face it, we all dream of being loved, but finding someone who loves you only works if you love yourself first.

Let these words seep into your everyday life, learn to and let yourself love.