7 Quotes About Love You Didn't Know You Needed To Hear Today

Instead of refreshing your twitter feed, send that special person in your life a sweet message today. Here are some quotes about love that will shed some light and perspective on the relationships in your life.

230
https://www.everypixel.com/search?q=love&stocks_type=free&image_id=18013898351953578371

1. "Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself -- what you're wearing, who you're around, what you're doing. Recreate and repeat. " -- Warsan Shire

Before I dive deep into these quotes, please remember this: self-love comes first. There are parts about each of us that we dislike or wish we could change, however even those parts make us who we are. At some point, you have to accept and come to terms with those parts, those insecurities, and flaws because everyone has them. There is beauty in them, whether you are able to see it or not. That's a part of knowing and loving the person you are. If we don't take time to get-to-know ourselves, take care of ourselves (mentally, emotionally, and physically), or show ourselves love, there is always going to be complications when trying to love another person. How can you be fully capable and competent loving someone else, when you can't even love yourself? If you're not yet acquainted with yourself that in depth and still struggle with loving parts of yourself, take it slow. Baby steps! I'm not telling you to dive in all at once. Be honest with yourself, but also gracious. The best thing you can do is self-evaluate with clear eyes and be more observant of your own habits and behaviors. Like the quote explains, those moments when you feel that love and acceptance, look to see who's around you, where you are, and what you're doing. Keep track of who empowers and supports you in your life. Holding onto negative and envious people will only weigh you down. Surround yourself with people, places, and things that make you feel the most genuine, authentic, and loved. Ultimately, this is your life and you have to be happy. Put yourself first for a change! Practice this and you are golden.
"How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you." - Rupi Kaur

2. "Fall in love with someone who is both your safe place and your biggest adventure." -- Bianca Sparacino

Love is a leap of faith, a free-fall jump into the unknown. No one is prepared for what they might encounter when their feet hit the ground, but if you love that person and see all the potential in the world within their soul, run with them. Run with them and see where the road takes you, as scary as it may be. What can you really lose? Is it more than you can gain through chasing love? Evaluate that and find yourself a pair of hiking boots. Love is an adventure, full of ups, downs, compromise, and struggles. It is not a piece of decadent chocolate cake. When it's good, it's better than any cake could ever be, but there are times that are going to be trying. It's not all going to be great. Love is partnership, teamwork, and constantly making the effort to make that relationship a priority. One partner can't carry the weight of the relationship up the mountain, it takes two people's strength, patience, and endurance. Taking this leap can feel unsafe, unsteady, and scary to most people. Find someone who makes you feel safe. Find someone who makes you feel secure that they will be there to catch you when you fall, that they will treat you and your heart with care no matter where the road may take you.

"Love is a two-way street constantly under construction." -- Carroll Bryant

3. "Feelings that come back are feelings that never left." -- unknown

Feelings that you continuously find yourself falling back into are ones you are continuing to push away, bury, or suppress. Make no mistake, they never really left. They've always been there; you just haven't wanted them to be. Evaluate these feelings and come to terms with them. Decide whether they are worth pursuing, rather than continuing to dismiss them. These feelings continue to resurface for a reason... find out why.
"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." -- Bruce Lee

4. "I found you without looking, and love you without trying." --- Mark Anthony

The best love comes without force, without searching, and without judgement. This love is honest, pure, and full of unspoken chemistry. I believe true love knocks on your door and sweeps you off your feet when you stop looking and are least expecting it, just like everything else in life (and most likely when it's incredibly inconvenient). Nonetheless, this kind of love shows you how to love, teaches you a lesson, shapes you into a better person, and leaves you stunned wondering what your life was like before they walked into it. This love is like coming up for air.

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -- Carl Jung

5. "You've got to be in a bad relationship to really understand what a great one is." -- Steve Harvey

Not every relationship is going to work out, go the way you thought it would, or be good for you. Keep this in mind. Sometimes we fall for the wrong people. Sometimes, we are handed exactly what we don't want which helps us to better figure out what we do want in a partner. Just like other experiences in life, bad relationships provide us lessons to learn from and the opportunity to transform into better human beings. Carry those lessons with you, but leave the past behind.

"Someone giving you less doesn't mean try harder." -- r.h. Sin

6. "If you love something, love it completely, cherish it, say it, but most importantly, show it. Life is finite and fragile, and just because something is there one day, it might not be the next. Never take that for granted. Say what you need to say, then say a little more. Say too much. Show too much. Love too much. Everything is temporary but love. Love outlives us all." - R. Queen

There are only 24 hours in a day, 365 days in a year, and our years are numbered in this life. Take two minutes to tell your friends, family, or significant other how much they mean to you. Tell them how much you appreciate them today. Instead of refreshing your twitter feed, send that special person in your life a sweet message. Those little gestures do make a more of a difference than you think. If you love someone, make them a priority in your life. Show them how valued they truly are, before it's too late.

"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it." -- John Lennon

7. "You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars." -- E.E. Cummings

Who'd you just think of while reading that? Do something about it.

From Your Site Articles