7 Phrases You Should Start Saying

7 Phrases You Should Start Saying

You'll never be at a loss of words again
59

1. You like it, I love it

This is one is my go to whenever I’m trying to be supportive of something don’t agree with. This is a good one whenever your friend is dating that weird guy you really don’t care for but you still want her to know you have her back. It’s a great way to show that you love and support whoever it is your saying this to no matter what bad decision they’re making.

2. Who do you think I am? Boo Boo the Fool?

I am just now recently using this one and I love it. My dad used this a lot when I was younger when I was younger when I thought I was being sneaky, and actually wasn’t. This is the phrase to allow the person you’re saying it to know that you can see through the BS. It’s great comeback to when someone is trying to lie to you and you know they’re lying. It in a way lightens the mood, but also lets them know that you aren’t stupid.

3. That’s between you and Jesus

Has your friend ever done something wrong, and then tells you about it? Then you hear this awful thing and you want to tell her she’s wrong but don’t know how to say it without being rude? This is what you say. It gives off how you feel about the situation without even having to say what you feel.

4. There are bigger things

I love this saying because sometimes I think that people forget how fortunate they are to be in the position they are in. This is something I say to myself a lot, because we get so caught up in our own lives and forget that there are worse things to be upset about. One time I almost had a meltdown because I couldn’t find a shirt I was looking for. Then I told myself, “there are bigger things” and realized that not being able to find a specific article of clothing among my infinite amount of clothing wasn’t worth getting worked up over. Which brings me to number 5

5. People are dying

I actually stole this from Kourtney Kardashian that time when Kim lost her earrings in the ocean and Kourt had to humble her sister and say, “Kim, there’s people that are dying”. When I first saw this, I could not stop laughing because Kim and her ugly crying face, and then Kourt throws her infamous shade and it’s pure gold. Anyway, it is so true. Sure her earrings were more than my entire net worth, but it was an earring. She was on a family vacation which was momentarily ruined over something materialistic. This saying isn’t just to throw shade on someone having a ridiculous meltdown, but it’s to remind ourselves that people are dying and we have to enjoy life as much as we can. We can’t sweat the small stuff.

6. Do you want me to tell you what you want to hear or do you want the truth?

I am a very honest person. Sometimes I am too honest, and my friends have learned that so much. Knowing that, they always love to ask for my opinion. Some of my friends can handle the truth and some of them can’t, so whenever they ask for my opinion, I give them a chance to pick if they want me to say what they want to hear or if they want to hear what I really think. Giving them this choice lets them know that my opinion isn’t all that nice, and allows them time to prepare if they choose my opinion. It’s definitely good to ask because sometimes people just need to hear what they want to hear to put them in a good place. Plus, if they know that your opinion is opposite of what they want to hear, that may be enough for them without having to give anymore detail.

7. I’m sorry

A lot of people think that apologizing is a form of weakness but I disagree. I think it takes a very strong person to recognize their mistakes, and want to fix any damages their mistakes have caused. In order to be right, sometimes we have to be wrong. Making mistakes is all apart of life, but being able to acknowledge and take responsibility for them… makes a person bigger than life.