7 Of The Most Important Life Lessons This Junior In College Has Learned This Summer

#1. Although I'm getting older, I'm still young.

584
gleupold.com

It's hard for me to believe that the summer is already coming to an end. There wasn't enough days in the break to do every single summer thing that I wanted to do. Pretty soon we are all going to be going back to school and starting new jobs. The weather will change from sweltering hot to chilly and comfortable. The strong sun will turn into colorful leaves. Beach days will turn into days spent apple picking and drinking caramel apple cider. For some they will be happy to see summer go and although I'm a little excited for fall, I will definitely be sad to see summer end. So without further ado, here is a list of the 7 most important life lessons that I learned this summer...

1.)Although I'm getting older, I am still young. I wish I could shout this from the rooftops. I am only twenty years old. I still have so much time left to do the things I want. There is no reason to try and rush through life. Enjoy the age you are without wishing your life away. Yeah, It's going to be awesome to turn 21, but right now I'm just enjoying being 20. I definitely do not want to rush through the rest of my life.

2.)Alone time is needed. Being surrounded by people 24/7 can be exhausting. It's so so important to take some time for yourself and relax. This summer I have treated myself to ice cream, gone swimming, and went for numerous walks around campus, all by myself. A few years ago I never would have gone out by myself, but now I look forward to treating myself and unwinding. Sometimes the best company to have is yourself.

3.)Family time is important too. It is easy to get caught up with friends and jobs, but you shouldn't forget about your family. If your mom wants to go see a cheesy movie together, do it! If she still wants to spoil you and do your laundry, let her! You will always be her child no matter how old you are. It's hard for your parents when you leave for school, so spend a little extra time with them while you're at home.

4.) Do more of the things you enjoy, and less of the things you hate. And although I mean this, I don't mean that you should quit your job because you'd rather not work. I just mean that if you like reading books, then read a bunch of books. Spend your free time reading even if you should be working out or cleaning your house. Draw more if you like drawing. Binge watch TV shows if you like watching them. Skip out on sleep some nights just because you can. Do whatever it is that makes you happy and do it a lot. If you absolutely hate small talk, don't do it. You shouldn't be forced to do something you hate just to make other's happy.

5.) BE SPONTANEOUS! If your friend wants to make a taco bell run at midnight, go with them! If your sister wants you to go night swimming but your'e tired, just do it anyways!! Don't miss out on fun things just because they are last minute! Being flexible and just going with the flow is a great quality to possess.

6.) Cooking for just one person is harder than it looks. Making a whole meal for one person feels like a waste. And if you do then you'll have to eat the same thing for the next few days because there is always waaaay too much for a single serving of anything. I've eaten a lot of eggs and bagels this summer. It's just so much easier than trying to cook a real dinner for only me.

7.) Time moves faster than you think. I seriously cannot believe this summer is over. It flew by, in my mind, and I really don't know where the time has gone. Enjoy every moment of life guys, because it really does go by too fast!