While there are a wide variety of catchy songs available for the average listener, some just suck you in with a gripping first line. Here are seven of the best first lyric hooks.
1. "I thought that I'd been hurt before" - Shawn Mendes,
ME TOO, SHAWN! Me too.
2. "I've been drinking, I've been drinking" - Beyonce, "Drunk in Love"
Uh oh, Bey. Tell me more.
3. "Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy." - Ke$ha, "Tik-Tok"
You what now?
4. "Hello" - Adele, "Hello"
5. "Baby, this is what you came for." - Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna, "This Is What You Came For"
What did I come for?? Guess I'll have to keep listening to find out.
6. "All my friends are heathens, take it slow" - Twenty One Pilots, "Heathens"
I'm confused but the classic TOP style has me absorbed.
7. "Just the guitar. Okay, cool" - Adele, "Send My Love"
She hasn't even started singing yet and I'm obsessed. Basically, Adele is the queen of catchy first lines that force me to listen to the whole song. No wonder her albums are so popular.