The 7 Most Mediocre Excuses For Missing Your Exam

These excuses probably won’t fly well with professors, but anything is worth a shot.

6069

Midterm week is honestly dreadful. Tests, in general, can be a drag. We all know this and all must endure its painful presence sneaking up on us every semester. However, between all the studying and social events, we seem to sometimes find ourselves in situations where we are late to our exams or miss the exam. In that case, we need a solid excuse to have our professors show mercy on us as students.

These excuses will surely get the sympathy of your teacher or not.

1. My Grandma Got Sick

What a classic! Grandmas are always the best because they not only give you cool gifts for Christmas and birthdays but the gift of being an excuse on their own. Everyone has a place in their heart for Grandmas because they’re so sweet and loyal. If you use good ole Grandma as in excuse, of course, your professor will relieve you of the burden of an exam or allow you to make it up. Be sure not to kill her off because then you can’t use her again.

2. I Got Extremely Sick

Also an OG, feeling under weather is something everyone can relate to. Therefore, your professor may feel for your sickness because of their own experience with a bad sickness. Also, no one can argue with you about being sick and unable to take an exam. This makes it the perfect excuse for missing an exam.

3. I Was Taking Another Exam

So imagine being in panic mode and trying to determine how you’re going to make it to your next class while also finishing the test you are currently in? Or imagine you slept in and need a fast excuse of why you are late or missed your exam (which I assume is the real reason you are here)? A professor would definitely not deny a student entry upon trying to fulfill their student responsibilities elsewhere. Crying another exam as an excuse would definitely allow a professor to feel bad for you.

4. My Dorm Room Caught On Fire

This one could be risky because it involves a full commitment. You can’t show up to next class with everything you need for class. You have to look like some of your stuff was burned in the fire or it will not work. The teacher will start asking you questions and you may start to lose track of your lies and slip up. You’re screwed if you self-incriminate yourself.

5. I Thought I Had Ebola

A few years back we had a scare of this notorious disease leading in death. If you claimed that you were unsure you had the disease, of course you professor will thank you for thinking of your classmate’s safety. Why would they expect you to show up to a test when you had a scare of such a deadly disease?

6. I Studied So Hard, I Slept In

A working student is a respected student. Therefore, a student who tried so hard for the sake of class to sleep in on their big moment to shine must sell well to professors. Be sure to have a completely disheveled look including hair to pull off the “slept in” excuse.

7. I Tried Not To Drink But...

Your professor had to have been in college once. IF you’re lucky, they may have been a reckless student as well drinking just a bit overhand. They may give you a pass at least once in pity of your situation. Or you know, not care at all.

OK so maybe these sub-par responses won’t help, but it may just make the teacher laugh. Laughter means happiness. Happiness means kindness. Kindness means grace. Therefore, the teacher may just show you some grace if you’re late or miss an exam. Good luck productive students.