7 LUSH Products You Should Totally Splurge On

Amazing products that are changing the beauty game one ingredient at a time.

143
Katherine-Ashley Moscoso

Let's be honest, we've all gone to Sephora to spend over 20 dollars on a one use peel-off mask. Not only can 20 dollars buy you bagels for two weeks and still have money left over, but most of the time these high-end skincare brands use harsh ingredients and some ingredients we don't even know! LUSH is a fresh, handmade, all natural cosmetic and skin care brand that is perfect if you're looking to swap your beauty regime. Aside from saving your skin, this brand follows ethical values such as fighting against animal testing, fair trade ingredients and eliminating waste by using less packaging or biodegradable materials. Do good for your skin and feel good about what you're using, here are a few LUSH products that are definitely worth splurging on.

1. Bubble Bars

Not always will you need a bath bomb to get that super cool Instagram-worthy picture, bubble bars are way more fun and you definitely get more bang for your buck. Unlike bath bombs, which you drop once to bring color and fizz to your bath, bubble bars allow you to chop up pieces for more than one use, plus you get bubbles! Use some now and save the rest for later; this is one bath product that is worth the splurge.

2. Mask of Magnaminty (self-preserving)

This is the perfect face mask for all skin types. Self-preserving products include other natural ingredients such as cocoa butter, shea, honey or avocados, instead of synthetic preservatives to help stay fresh. This mask, in particular, has avocados to help soften and moisturize the skin. Made out of peppermint, this mask also helps to brighten and cool the skin, with kaolin clay to give a deep cleanse, and aduki beans to provide a light exfoliant. Unlike LUSH’s fresh face masks product line, this mask doesn’t have to be refrigerated; it has a longer shelf life and you can choose between two sizes which are great if this is your first time trying this product.

3. Ocean Salt (self-preserving)

Also known as the holy grail to all "lushies" around North America, this product is definitely worth every single penny. Made out of coarse and fine sea salt, coconut oil, avocado butter, and lime oil, you’ll get a deep exfoliant along with a brighter and softer skin complexion. This is perfect to use before you shave or before you tan. Luckily, this product also comes in two different sizes, but if you know you’re going to do a lot of exfoliating the larger size is worth it.

4. Eau Roma Toning Spray

If you’re looking for something to freshen up your skin, this rose water is the perfect mist for everyday use, even on the go. Made out of rose and lavender, this product is perfect for redness or sensitive skin as it will calm irritation and balance out the skin's oils. Every once in a while, we should give our skin some time to breathe and this spray is just light and calming enough to do the job. Not only do you have to use it on your skin, you can spray some into your hair for some light texture and moisture.

5. Shampoo Bars

Have you ever heard of a solid shampoo? Welcome to the new generation of sulfate free, all natural shampoo, and yes it’s in a solid form. This just means that instead of the typical pump and squeeze you lather this product between your hands to create suds and then wash. Not only is the application of this product super fun, it’s perfect and safe to travel with. Depending on how you want your hair to feel and look you can choose from a variety of different shampoo bars. You can also get a decent amount of washes out of one bar, just remember to protect your bar because if you leave it in the shower the moisture will eat it up. Conveniently, LUSH has their own shampoo tins for roughly four dollars, if you’re really in the mood to splurge and get a really cool reusable tin then go for it. But if not, there are plenty of other at home options that you can use such as a simple ziplock bag or a small food container.

6. Parsley Porridge Soap

Not everyone wants to shower with a bar soap that leaves you smelling like parsley and fresh vegetables. But this product contains an anti-bacterial property which is great if you leave it next to the bathroom or kitchen sink. The good thing about this product is that you have the opportunity to get a piece cut to the size you want. If you don’t feel like spending 12 dollars a bar, cut that piece in half and watch the price drop since everything is weighed, so expect to pay per pound. If you’re feeling daring enough to use this bar of soap in your everyday shower, go for it. You’ll feel squeaky clean which is perfect after a hot summer day or a rough workout. If you’re looking for an interesting soap to put in your shower or next to your sink, this product is worth a try.

7. Lip Scrub

Almost any regular lip scrub can be found at a typical beauty store, but LUSH tops the lib scrub charts with their awesome flavors that are 100% edible. Yes, I said it, they are edible. At around 10 dollars you can buy this awesome all natural and vegan product. The best time to buy one is during a holiday season such as Christmas or Easter; this is when LUSH whips out a brand new line of seasonal favorites, but you better snag these products before they’re gone forever. If you can’t make it in time for the holiday lip scrubs, rest assured that there is a yearly product line which is absolutely worth it. All year round you’ll be able to find the three main flavors such as popcorn, bubblegum, and mint juleps. This product is also very gentle yet gives your lips a great scrub, and if you’re wearing a long lasting lipstick this lip scrub will also help to remove it! What can be better than a multipurpose, edible, handmade, vegan, portable lip scrub? Almost nothing.

If you find yourself at a LUSH shop intimidated by the workers (I can admit we are excited to sell you amazing products), consider general beauty products that you’ve never used before, and consider how you would like to change your regime. Feel free to walk into the shop and ask to try out some products and even take a few samples home with you. LUSH isn’t just a brand; it becomes a lifestyle and you’ll totally feel better about what you’re putting on your skin.