7 Inventions You Didn't Know An African-American Made

Life changing inventions made by African-Americans

76
cdn.hitflix.com

Have you ever wondered who invented the everyday items you use? Would you have thought an African-American made them? Well they did and they made a lot more than just everyday items.

1. The Artificial Heart Pacemaker Control Unit

Made by Otis Boykin

2. The Modern Home-Video Gaming Console

Made by Gerald A Lawson. This was the start to all the video consoles we have today such as the; PS4, Xbox and Wii.

3. 3-D Graphics Technology Used in Films

Made by Mark Hannah. His creation was what gave Hollywood blockbusters like Terminator and Jumanji the draw-dropping special effects.

4. The Modern-Day Gas Mask

Made by Garrett Morgan. He made national news by using his gas mask to rescue 32 men trapped during an explosion in an underground tunnel 250 feet beneath Lake Erie. His invention has saved the lives of many firemen, police and soldiers across the world.

5. The Super Soaker

Made by Lonnie Johnson. The water gun is still to this day a multi-million dollar franchise and a summer hit.

6. The Blood Bank

Made by Charles Richard Drew. His research in the field of blood transfusions led to the development of improved techniques for blood storage.

7. DryBath

Made by Ludwick Marishane. He developed a formula that people use to bathe without water. DryBath is a lotion that cleanses cheaply and easily — especially important for the 2.5 billion people worldwide who lack proper access to water and sanitation.