11 Lessons My Mom Won't Stop Trying To Teach Me

Thanks a billion momma.

49
She Knows

Moms, you can't live with them and you literally would not be alive without them. If it wasn't for them, we probably all would've grown into dirtbags (even though some of us still are). So, God bless to all you momma's out there who taught us the important lessons in life.

1. Have manners

The first thing that comes to mind after this one is the please and thank you song from Barney, so I guess we can thank him too.

2. Be safe

If your mother's happiness isn't motivation enough to not be reckless and risk your life, then I don't know what is.

3. What you give is what you get

If you're an ass to Jenny then Jenny is going to be an ass to you. Simple as that.

4. Shit isn't always that serious

For God's sake, stop stressing over every little thing. Either it happened for a reason, it is not going to change, or it will not matter in a little bit.

5. Kill them with kindness

Just be nice, even if they suck. It is not worth your energy to be rude to them.

6. Be smart

Now, I am not talking about academics here. This is where you need to know how to use your better judgment when it comes to getting into/not getting into the car of a future felon.

7. Don't be a bit*h

Unless it is necessary. Then, as we all know, it is absolutely ok.

8. Be grateful

She brought you into this beautiful world, and I am sure she can very easily take you out of it, so enjoy it. She did not go through changing your diapers and dealing with your attitude for you to be a scrooge your entire damn existence.

9. Life is ever-changing

You will grow up, you will deal with many changes in life, and you will just have to deal with it. Life is not going to just stop and wait for you to be ready.

10. A home cooked meal can cure anything

Whether it is her lasagna or one of her many casseroles, you know it is better than any medicine. You also know that you didn't screw up too badly in life if you get the recipe.

11. Your momma will always be there for you

Whether you have to call her to pick you up because you're low key hammered, you need to know how to do something, or you need even more advice she will ALWAYS be there. No questions asked.

In my 19 years of life, even though a few of them were not so pleasant, I was blessed with a mom who taught me what life is all about. She put up with all my shit, so God bless her. If it wasn't for her I would probably be a super big screw up. So, thank your moms, hug your moms, and call your moms. I mean, she did wipe your ass for you for a few years, so you at the every least owe her a call.