7 Important Study Breaks to Take During Finals

Run away from your problems, literally.

123
Brainscape

The semester is winding down, it's almost summer, and that means that the weather is getting nicer (finally!).

As enticing as locking yourself in the library all day at a table or cubicle for hours on end with a ton of open books, papers every which way, and a large coffee sounds, everyone needs to get outside in the spring, get some Vitamin D, and take a study break once in a while.

1. Take a walk around campus

A walk is the perfect way to clear your head. Literally...get up and away from those textbooks and take in all the ~views~ that campus has to offer. You will miss the beautiful views of campus when you only have your front and back yard at home to look at.

2. Close your eyes and just breathe.

When you have papers galore and huge tests that count for about 30% of your grade, it is totally normal for your brain to be all over the place and not be able to focus on one thing. As soon as you center yourself and relax, your mind can focus on one thing at a time and you can crank out work much more efficiently.

3. Go to the beach for an hour or two.

The beach is one of the most peaceful places in the world. Beaches, such as the ones in Fairfield, also have swings and slides so you can relax by becoming a kid again. Wee!

4. Sit outside and people watch.

Take your mind off of yourself and your problems by just watching civilization go on around you. Plus, some people may make you laugh or you might see someone you know that you can catch up with.

5. Eat a meal outside.

Take advantage of the nice weather, especially after having to sit inside to either take a final or study for one. Somehow food tastes better outside, and eating with a view is always a plus. My friends and I love to grab food in town and head to the beach to eat it.

6. Go to the gym.

Weights or running is not only physically great for you and is a great way to stay in shape, but it is a great stress reliever. Run away from your problems, literally.

7. Stream a movie or TV show, but only ONE

Yes, only one. Don't get sucked into a black hole, but watching one episode or one movie to get your mind off of finals and academics and limit your brain activity by just watching. Even better if it is a comedy, get you to laugh a little bit.