7 Easy Ways To Have A Great Semester

7 Easy Ways To Have A Great Semester

Little habits add up to some pretty great outcomes.

25
7 Easy Ways To Have A Great Semester
Unsplash

Spring semester has arrived.

We wished it wouldn't, we wished it would. Spring semester brings its good along with its bad. We get spring break and at the end of the semester, we get glorious summer. There are a couple ways to make the semester a little less stressful than it need be and that's what I'm going to share with you today.

1. Make a list of important goals

4 months is a good amount of time to accomplish something you've been dying to do. It doesn't have to be hard, but you need to keep those goals in mind. Write them down and put them in your planner or somewhere you will see them often. We make time for what is important to us, so make time for your goals!

2. Fill your planner out the first chance you get

You will instantly feel better when you know what to expect. Don't get caught by surprise deadlines and quizzes. When you get access to the syllabus, put all the important dates in your planner. We all know these are subject to change, so write them in pencil or erasable pen. Knowing what weekend you can relax, and which ones you'll need to buckle down will help you stay ahead of the game.

3. Meal prep whenever you get the chance

We all want to look good for spring break and summer, so let's not sabotage ourselves by not preparing properly. Grab a cute lunch bag from Target or Amazon, find some reusable containers on sale (preferably glass, less germs!), and make a plan. Meal prepping is actually super easy and can be done in as little as an hour. I'm a huge fan of bring my laptop in the kitchen and cooking while watching something on Netflix. You will thank yourself when you are eating good instead of a last minute stop for calorie-loaded fried grossness.

4. Find one place that makes you feel inspired to get stuff done

Listen, this doesn't have to be the typical places, it can be almost anywhere. Heck, and I'm not saying this is good, but last semester I got the most stuff done the fastest when I would hole up in my room on my bed. Just being in the same room as the tv, even if it wasn't on, stopped me from being productive. Figure out what works for you, experiment with different places. Is it a coffee shop? The library? Your room? Around people? No around people? Once you find that place, make sure you only go there for productivity. The moment you start losing steam, either take a break away from that area, or call it quits for the moment. Allow that place to be your study spot only.

5. Set reminders on your phone

There's nothing worse than forgetting that you had a quiz tomorrow. Sometimes putting things in your planner is not enough. Plan ahead, set reminders, and make sure you get stuff done. This is easy and it only takes a second.

6. Find time to relax

One nice relaxing bath a week will help you feel more well rested and ready to face tomorrow more than almost anything else will. Throw together a simple body scrub, some salt or sugar and a little bit of body wash is a super easy and low cost way to make your bath a little more spa like. 30 minutes is all it takes, you will be so glad you did.

7. Reward yourself when you do good

The biggest thing is not to let yourself get discouraged. When you accomplish one of your goals or are really productive, treat yourself in some small way. When you don't get something done or have a bad day, don't punish yourself. Reflect on what happened and why it happened and resolve to not let it happen again. The best thing you can do for yourself is to learn from your mistakes.

These are some simple ways to make this semester awesome. It's not earth shattering things, they simply require you to make little choices along the way that lead you being happier and healthier. Make this semester count.

You got this, go get 'em!