7 Confessions Of A Dunkin-holic

7 Confessions Of A Dunkin-holic

No shame in my Dunkin game.

92
7 Confessions Of A Dunkin-holic
Instagram

Everyone has their choice in how they get energy and caffeine throughout their day. There’s soda, tea, energy drinks, and of course, our beloved coffee. There’s usually a split between coffee drinkers as to whether they’re “Starbucks people” or “Dunkin people” – but as for me, Dunkin Donuts is my holy land. My love for their iced coffee has transformed into a mild addiction over the past few years, but I embrace it. Here are 7 confessions from a tried and true “Dunkin-holic.”

1. The employees at the local Dunkin are on a first-name basis.

They’ve come to know your order, and usually your name if you use the on-the-go feature of the Dunkin app. Yes, there’s an app. More on that later. If you miss a few days of Dunkin, they may have wondered if you’ve died.

2. There is no hangover that Dunkin cannot cure.

Everyone has their own ways of dealing with a hangover. The one that never fails me is a large iced coffee from Dunkin and a nice greasy Big N Toasted with hashbrowns. You’ll thank me later.

3. The Dunkin app is essential.

Seriously, if you haven’t already, download the app! This was a game changer. You can load your gift cards or load any amount of money you’d like into the app, then just pay for your order via your phone. You earn points for every order you pay for with the app, and when you earn a certain amount of points, you get a free drink of your choice. This is a recurring deal, so if you use the app almost every day to pay, you’ll have a free drink in no time at all. There are also a ton of coupons and deals within the app that will be automatically applied whenever you pay. And remember how I mentioned the on-the-go thing? #GameChanger. Plug in your order, pay and submit it, and then walk into Dunkin and your drink will be waiting for you on the counter. You literally walk in and walk right back out. I know this sounds like an endorsement for Dunkin, but it’s seriously just that cool.

4. Your collection of Dunkin receipts is slightly embarrassing.

They add up fast. When I remember, I try to ask for them not to print it but the evidence is still stacked against me. Especially in my car.

5. There's a different drink combination for every mood or situation.

My all-time favorite drink from Dunkin is a Cold Brew with two pumps of Pumpkin Swirl and extra cream. Of course, pumpkin isn’t available year-round, so I usually opt for vanilla. I went through a phase where I was a religious blueberry iced coffee drinker, and some days I go for a simple iced latte with whipped cream. And, if you couldn’t tell, iced coffee is my game.

6. You're known for always having Dunkin with you.

If you see me anywhere fairly early in the morning, you can guarantee I have a Dunkin cup in hand or have already sucked it down on the way there. It’s become an accessory.

7. Cheating on Dunkin will never feel right.

I’ll admit, sometimes even I splurge for Starbucks or go to a local coffee shop. But deep down, it’s never the same. I’ve acquired a taste for Dunkin coffee that is very rarely satisfied by others.

I know, I know….I’m obsessed. But all true Dunkin fans know that Dunkin love runs deep.