7 Cliché New Year's Resolutions You Probably Just Made

We all do it.
14

Finally, it's the New Year! It's 2017 baby!

I can finally put all the terrible events from 2016 behind me *tear* and stop wallowing in self-pity *more tears*. I know what sounds like a great idea, I am going to make a New Year's resolution list and this year I'm going to make a point to accomplish or stick to every single resolution.

Everyone has said something along the lines of what is written above. The new year means a "whole new you" because apparently last year's you wasn't good enough. You didn't make the cut, but really you're cutting yourself. Everyone goes through hard times every year. Every new year is going to bring a new challenge for you to overcome. People think the New Year is some excuse for you to forget your past when really you should be embracing it and learning from it. It's not the time to invent a new you, it's a time to improve on the you that you already are. Below is a list of cliche and overdone New Year's Resolutions that everyone has at least thought of doing as soon as the clock strikes midnight.

1. Actually keep this year's New Year's resolutions.

Let's face it, this is not going to happen. Your resolutions will last about a month until you realize there are more important things in your life to focus on.

2. Lose weight

This is a terrible New Year's resolution. You're already putting negative vibes into your new year by writing down your flaws. At least phrase it better by saying something like "create a healthy lifestyle", but the phrase "lose weight" already puts pressure on you and a damper on the New Year.

3. Travel more

If you're reading this article, then odds are you are a college student. If you are a college student, then you have no time or money to travel more so this is not going to happen. Maybe you are lucky and live in a family that travels a lot, and if you are then this should not be on your resolutions list.

4. Get good grades

Honestly, if this is on your list your either 1) failing or 2) one of those people that think B's are bad and just received a B in Organic Chemistry or some smart subject like that and feel like the world is going to end. If you're failing, then maybe you should make a list of things you need to do in order to get good grades instead of just writing down "get good grades". If you're the second person I described, then you need to chill.

5. Save more money

This is something that I should actually do because I have a shopping problem and I have no witty comment to insert on this resolution. If I did have a witty comment it would just be me making excuses to make myself feel better.

6. Spend more time with family

I'm family oriented and I guess I can't personally understand why someone would need to remind themselves about this as if it was a chore. A Family is important and family doesn't just limit you to your blood-related relatives. It could be anybody you consider yourself close to or consider important in your life.

7. Be yourself

If you wanted to be yourself then you wouldn't want to re-invent a new self every time a new year came along.