The 7 Best Things About Staying In California For College

There's more than just the weather.

13
Open Clip Art

We all know that California has a lot to offer in terms of, well, everything; but here are a few things you know to be especially true if you chose to stay in California for college.

1. Food

You don’t have to worry about getting used to the East Coast’s version of Mexican food when you can trust that the West Best Coast will get it right. Also, California Rolls… need I say more?

2. Weather

You don’t need to understand the seasons if you stay in California where it rains in July and is burning hot on Halloween. Who needs consistency when the average daily high temperature is 70 degrees Fahrenheit?

3. Dialect

In California, you won’t get judged for your constant use of “dude,” “like,” and, my personal favorite, “hella.” It’s just part of the lifestyle.

4. Beaches

Ones that we can enjoy year-round (just to clarify for those New Yorkers who huff and puff about their beaches).

5. Diversity

California is one of the most diverse states in the U.S., so you will never run out of new people to meet with different backgrounds and different perspectives.

6. The Fam-Bam

A home-cooked meal is only a car/bus/train ride away, you can even take a plane if you want to (the point is that you’re never too far from home).

7. California Living

Everyone wants to live in California, whether it’s one of the reasons aforementioned or because of the off-chance that they’ll meet a celebrity at the supermarket. Just know that you’re one lucky duck.