6 Backpack Essentials Every College Student Needs For Day 1

Pack these now!
152

You will forget to pack these seven items when you're rushing out of your dorm room to make it to your 8 AM class. You will be thinking about needing one of these when it's too late.

1. Portable phone charger

Your phone will die. It's inevitable. By buying a portable phone charger, you will have the ability to charge your phone anywhere you go.

2. Refillable water bottle

I like the bottles with filters for fruit or vegetables to make detox water. This will come in handy on warm days, walks to class, work outs, or long lectures. It's very important to stay hydrated.

3. Umbrella

Whether the weather channel says it's going to rain or be sunny, you never know what could change in the matter of a few hours.

4. Planner

A planner is essential to your success as a student and organization as an adult.

5. Granola bars or snacks

By packing snacks or granola bars, you will save money by not having to buy something on campus. You will also have it in case you're starving in a lecture and can't leave to get food. Believe me, it happens more often than you think.

6. Headphones

You will listen to music and watch Netflix or videos about lecture materials while you're studying. If you forget these, you will find yourself regretting it later in the day.