7 Attractions the Nintendo Theme Park Needs to Be Super Legendary

Here we goooooooooooooooo!

36

News recently broke that Nintendo and Universal Studios is teaming up to bring Nintendo franchises to life in a brand new theme park. Mario, Link, Zelda, Donkey Kong, along with many other popular gaming icons are going to be greeting visitors from all over, as well as giving fans young and old joy as they take on thrill rides and fun attractions.

As a massive Nintendo fan myself, I am super stoked. This is awesome news, but part of me hopes that the park will not be too "kiddified." If the park actually becomes an island in Islands of Adventure, it seems to be that Dr. Seuss Island already fits that bill, so hopefully Universal creates a good blend of things for children and adults.That being said, I'm sure everyone has their ideas as to what would make Nintendo Land (just a general term for right now) fantastic, but if Nintendo really wants to pull in the crowds, here's seven that that should be made real.

1. A Walk-Through Castle

Take a page out of Disney's book, Universal! Nintendo has both Princess Peach's and Princess Zelda's castle to choose from, but the Mushroom Kingdom landmark would make more sense. It could easily have features from "Super Mario 64" everywhere around it, and possibly a fun little Mushroom playground in the back for kids to check out. Music from the Mario games could also be playing over the speakers, and there could also be a gift shop somewhere in the vicinity for parents to groan at, as their children are going to want SOMETHING. There you go, Nintendo, make it happen!

2. Mario Kart

This is just an obvious choice. Imagine Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but with insane wipe outs. It would do well in an indoor arena, taking on some sort of interactive format to have opponents duke it out for first place. While it would be tough to randomize courses like a real Mario Kart game, a haunted mansion type of atmosphere could easily work, especially if threw players off.

3. A Restaurant with Thematic Foods

Link's Deku Nut Salad? Princess Peach's Portabello Mushroom Kingdom Burger? Slippy's Frog Legs? Ok, maybe not that last one, but you get the idea. Nintendo food products has really been reduced to kid friendly stuff, such as Chef Boyardee and fruit snacks. Adults make like that stuff too, but here the company and Universal can really have fun using their franchises to come up with inventive food, snacks, and drinks that can really play on words.

4. A Star Fox flight simulator

Star Fox is one of the most underrated and undervalued brands in the Nintendo world. It would be awesome to see Fox McCloud and crew teaching tourists how to operate an Arwing. Several students could sit in the aforementioned craft, taking to the high skies, before coming face to face with Andross, in a spontaneous simulator throw down.

5. A Pokemon Snap Ride

Since Pokemon is still all the rage, a ride devoted to the "pocket monsters" is a must. Imagine something like the Jurassic Park jungle adventure, only taking after one of N64's best games! "Pokemon Snap" is pretty much an adventure in an "on rails" format, so Universal would be wise to just lift the idea from there. Awwww snap!

6. Creative Paths and Walkways

Envision it: as you walk throughout Nintendo's park, there are question mark blocks hanging above your heads. Frozen goombas and koopa troopas in front of you. Or, you're in the jungle, with palm trees, vines, and you see a barrel, with the letters "DK" in front you. The sweet sounds of video game music fills your ears. Sounds pretty awesome, right? In order to completely immerse visitors, Universal and Nintendo need to make the more "stationary" parts of the park feel alive, and they can do this by crafting "levels" that make people feel like they are walking through a video game as they travel the park!

7. Gift Shops that Sell Awesome Exclusive Merchandise

We've all seen Nintendo stuff in stores. It's there, it's fun, and it's recognizable. However, when the Nintendo theme park stores open, it would be great to see not only the traditional "theme park" tie in stuff, but Nintendo apparel, toys, and items you cannot find anywhere else. Maybe exclusive figures? DLC codes only offered by Universal? I may be stretching for ideas here, but I definitely think the park could make serious bank if they really hone in on what is going to sell well.

While I know that not all of these are possible, I do hope that Nintendo's future theme park lives up to everyone's expectations. This is a really smart idea for the brand to stay fresh, and not only that, this should have happened years ago. There's enough characters within the company's lineage to appeal to kids of all ages. I can't wait to check it out when it finally becomes a reality!